LegacyGT.com

Could this be a problem???

I just bought my GT LTD 5eat 3 days ago. I got home and remembered a post I read about the build date. Looked at mine and it was built in Sept. 2004. There were less than 50 miles on it when I bought it and 10 of those were from my test drive. It must have been sitting on the/a lot for a long time. Could there be any potential problems? I have noticed the studdering between 2500-300 rpm but it's an auto. Dealer says bad tank of gas. We'll see about that.... Any help?

the studdering is normal... it may get better as the ECU adapts to your driving, however i've only heard that from a few people. an ECU reflash (COBB or ECUtek) should also take care of that problem....

I attribute this to poor programing on SOA's side of things.

50 miles on that car shouldnt be too bad. Mine was 8 months old when i bought it with something like 80 miles on it.. I figured being on a dealership, they move cars around enough organizing the lot and washing cars, showing new inventory, etc... that the car had never really been sitting in one place too long.

the only thing that really concerned me was that it meant the oil was well past 3 months old -- so i made sure to do an oil chance at the 1000 mile mark to get some fresh oil in there. (it probably wasnt in too bad of shape, not having been used much -- but still i felt better getting it out of there)

I didn't think about the cars moving around on the lot. That makes me feel better.

I will definately get the dealer to change the oil since it is older than 3 months. Thanks for the reply!

I had the unfortunate experience of watching the dealer unload a car-carrier last week while waiting for my oil change. You don't want to see how they treat these things before you buy them!!

FYI... My car studders like crazy around 2200rpm and I have 1500 miles. I also noticed it has a constant studder at that rpm if I'm in 4th gear and just cruising. I guess a lot of people have this issue.

I have always read the studdering was on 5MTs and not autos. Just my luck!

What exactly did you see when the cars were being unloaded? My front bumper has a chip in it, that the dealer is going to fix, because they said it happened "during delivery".

Oh man. They were moving the cars around on the truck like they were RC cars. They would boot it in reverse off of the truck then dump the clutch to go forward. One guy flew around the entrance of the dealership and just missed a lady trying to leave. I practically had my hands over my eyes watching these guys.

The cars have to be raised and lowered before they can drive off. I swear the hood of the WRX banged into the muffler of the car above it because he was in a hurry.

Oh man. They were moving the cars around on the truck like they were RC cars. They would boot it in reverse off of the truck then dump the clutch to go forward. One guy flew around the entrance of the dealership and just missed a lady trying to leave. I practically had my hands over my eyes watching these guys.

The cars have to be raised and lowered before they can drive off. I swear the hood of the WRX banged into the muffler of the car above it because he was in a hurry.

At least the Legacy hasn't been shipped from overseas. I used to work on ships bring cars in from Japan to the US. Man, you should see how they get driven on and off the ships, almost flying over the ramps. The guys who drive them on in Japan get paid per car, so they literally park the car and sprint off to get another one, amazing to watch !

I can confirm stuttering is a factory-installed opt-out option on 5EATs.

Since the torque converter indirectly transmits power from the engine to the drivertrain through the ATF fluid, it cushins the bucking and it is not as harsh as the 5MTs.

I keed I keeed

I actually got more money off of my car because it was considered an "aged" vehicle. Basically if it sits on the lot over 90 days, the dealership has to start paying interest on it (from what I was told). I hope you did some wheelin and dealin before the purchase. I got my car below invoice and it has 26 miles on it.

Skillz - I take it you bought the silver 5eat Leg. Wagon on the lot. Hope you got a good deal on the car. The dealer is supposed to fix a few minor things on my car from it being on the lot so long. One door ding and two scratches on the rear bumper. I remember you car sat in the lot with a flat drivers front tire for about a week once. I was back and forth at the dealer over a three week time period working them down on the price of my car. Make sure to check that tire that its not still leaking air! I hope you enjoy your car as much as I am and I our dealer seems like they are going to treat us good!

I actually got more money off of my car because it was considered an "aged" vehicle. Basically if it sits on the lot over 90 days, the dealership has to start paying interest on it (from what I was told). I hope you did some wheelin and dealin before the purchase. I got my car below invoice and it has 26 miles on it.

Yeah, the (most) dealers have a thing called a "floor plan" which is basically a revolving line of credit that they buy inventory with. The floor plan keeps track of every car in inventory and if it stays around too long, it's bad from an interest perspective.

Skillz - I take it you bought the silver 5eat Leg. Wagon on the lot. Hope you got a good deal on the car. The dealer is supposed to fix a few minor things on my car from it being on the lot so long. One door ding and two scratches on the rear bumper. I remember you car sat in the lot with a flat drivers front tire for about a week once. I was back and forth at the dealer over a three week time period working them down on the price of my car. Make sure to check that tire that its not still leaking air! I hope you enjoy your car as much as I am and I our dealer seems like they are going to treat us good!

Thanks Wes. I will check the tire today!! I bought the silver because they gave me an awesome deal. $3000 below invoice plus it had the auto dim mirror, upgraded alarm, cargo net, cargo area protector, wheel locks. Your sales lady mentioned you when I was buying the car. We should get together some time.

Good deal, sounds about like what they did for me. They were really trying to move those two wagons they had. We definatly should hang out. If you plan on getting any performance mods let me know so I can check them out and I'll do the same. I live downtown so if you want to hang out let me know.

Archived