LegacyGT.com

How to match factory tint

yxiong

I just got my LGT with factory tint in the rear (50%?). I would like to tint the front windows to match the rear. The tint shop I went won't guarantee the tint will match. Does any one have the specifics (material brand) of the factory tint? I don't want it ends up with slight differences. Suggestions? I am located in New Haven, CT.

Thanks,

Yong

factory tint is usually a tinted glass rather than a film if i am not mistaken.

I would also think a good tint shop should be able to measure the tint of the factory and match it fairly close. If i were you, i would try and shop around a bit and see what some others say. Obviously there are lots of configurations in terms of color, %, and stuff, but still they should be able to get close enough to not notice. Basically my opinion is if they can't guarantee it, see you later, try someone else.

You can also call SOA and see what they give you for info on the tint, that might help.

Contact the dealership who had it tinted. Subaru didn't likely send it to the dealership from the factory with the tint. The dealership had it tinted before you bought it.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived