LegacyGT.com

"stage 2" VF40 to VF52, stock fuel.

For sure, with stock fueling that difference is not that huge, more than anything it moves your powerband to the right and makes it a bit more broad. Once you add a pump and injectors you start seeing real (safe) gains
To be fair I have never driven a vf52 , stock everything and stock everything with stage one canned Cobb tune is my only experience.

So I guess if you are replacing turbo anyway, worth it sounds like.

Part of me is a little bummed I went as far with the build as I did so think that's affecting my opinion.

I'm thinking the 16g and e85 and fueling will liven it up enough to make it worth it.

If I wasn't going at least that big I wouldn't do much, honestly the stage one canned tune and no other mods really changed the car, I bet up and down pipes and few other things would have been fine for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What VF46? A stock unit or are we talking something massaged by our very own JMP?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I don't think you can make a VF46 overburden the stock fuel injectors on our car, but I'd like to see John try!

To be fair I have never driven a vf52 , stock everything and stock everything with stage one canned Cobb tune is my only experience.

So I guess if you are replacing turbo anyway, worth it sounds like.

Part of me is a little bummed I went as far with the build as I did so think that's affecting my opinion.

I'm thinking the 16g and e85 and fueling will liven it up enough to make it worth it.

If I wasn't going at least that big I wouldn't do much, honestly the stage one canned tune and no other mods really changed the car, I bet up and down pipes and few other things would have been fine for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

You probably won't need E85 to liven it up to make it feel like a totally different car!

I don't think you can make a VF46 overburden the stock fuel injectors on our car, but I'd like to see John try!
I'm hoping this rings true. So far, and still breaking things....in......lol, his custom version of the VF46 pulls great. It has a different song to it as well but this is coming from a Cummins guy. Those Holset compressors spool up nicely with good pitch, especially for the passengers in the front seat.

I'm hoping this rings true. So far, and still breaking things....in......lol, his custom version of the VF46 pulls great. It has a different song to it as well but this is coming from a Cummins guy. Those Holset compressors spool up nicely with good pitch, especially for the passengers in the front seat.

My VF46 was absolutely spitting out everything it could at 17 PSI and giving me 280 WHP at sea level with premium gas. Bump it up to 18 to get an extra 5-10 WHP (maybe?) and you could potentially do it, but I still doubt it. What I got out of my VF46 was extremely satisfactory though. I hate to say it, but I kind of regret the VF52 upgrade due to the fact I didn't do an injector upgrade. I ran out of injector quick with my car. I can't even rev my car out for fear of it running lean.

If I had the choice to replace a stock turbo for preemptive maintenance due to age, I'd throw in a vf52 every time. Way more in circulation and usually newer. If I'm paying 500-750 for a stock fitment, no reason to not go 52.

If you want more than stage 2ish power, yeah you're in injector and aftermarket turbo land.