LegacyGT.com

thinking of swapping my 2.5i for a GT

^yeah, there's plenty of 05/06 GT's around in CO, but I just can't bring myself to trade down more than 1 year haha. still considering the 08 black on black GT even though it has no warranty, do you think (as long as it has been treated well) many problems will occur between 72k miles and 100k miles?

do you think (as long as it has been treated well) many problems will occur between 72k miles and 100k miles?

bumping up to possibly get this question answered.

anyone have a general idea? I know it's all about how well the car has been taken care of but really on the fence about trading for a GT and losing the CPO warranty I currently have and if it's worth it.

Could be problem free miles or could be a nightmare. Unless you know exactly how the car was driven or maintained it's a roll of the dice.

I bought my car with 62K and a 2 year/24K SOA extended warranty. At 77K my OEM VF40 crapped out. Warranty covered it. Rest of my miles have pretty much been normal wear and maintenance items. Just be aware if it's at 72K some big items may not have been addressed. That's towards the tail end on things like struts. 90K services isn't as big of an interval as 60K and until you hit 105K the timing belt/h2o pump service is good. Just stay on top of OCIs, maintenance and if you had a good compression/leakdown test you should be fine. All cars carry risk over 60K miles as far as failures or maintenance and my Subarus have been better than other cars I've owned.

I really want to trade my 2.5i in for a GT but there isn't any in Colorado. There isn't a single 06-09 with a Manual with under 60,000 miles. How good is the Automatic with paddle shifters? just curious,i don't want an automatic i just wonder what owners of the automatic think,does it have rev matching control? i want a 09.

Id hold off for the MT. I have a 5eat and dont get me wrong I love it, but would love a MT even more. I upgraded from a 4eat and couldnt drive stick at the time and got a really good deal on the 5eat. Im pretty impulsive and impatient. Still very happy that I upgraded though

Archived