LegacyGT.com

Quick Question...

Can anybody take an educated guess on when the 06 Legacy's will most likely start to roll out? I know the 05's were just released within the last 2 months or so.. So can you add about 12 months to that and get an approximate date on the 06 release? May/June 2005? Seeing that picture of the gray legacy makes me want to wait to see if it will be an 06 color or not. Plus with the possiblity of HID and Nav comming is even more incentive. Thanks, -Jon

In the past, non-new introduction model years typically started in the late summer and early fall. However, things seem to have been in flux recently as 05 Forester XTs and STis have already been appearing on dealer lots. Ken

[quote name='Tide']Introduction would most likely be summer - fall of 06. Hopefully we'll here more of whats coming before then via the auto show circuit.[/quote] You mean summer/fall 05 right? That might be to far for me to wait.. Ill have to settle for an 05 then :P

3.75L, the engine is basically there, just in a different form. The current form is more than capable enough for a young guy like yourself. As for next years models, expect them around the same time to +2 months.

[quote name='3.7L H6']Plus a performance package upgrade - STi motor, suspension, 6 speed... *drool* I need to wait till MY08 or so for my engine... :cry: :lol:[/quote] Well as far as I know, the GT already has the North American STi motor. It is a 2.5L turbocharged engine. That is what the STi is. You just need to do some retuning, flash the ECM with the STi ECM, I was also under the impression that you can get the STi 6-speed MT and bolt it on. You just have to pay for the new trans. In Canada, the STi trans is approx $8000-9000 dealer cost. My old boss had his replaced under warranty due to some grinding in the 5th gear. Warning: If you do this upgrade, you should consider upgrading the brakes as well. You will require better stopping power. If any of this is incorrect, please feel free to correct me. :)

Archived