LegacyGT.com

Help rebuild my exhaust

channoff

I bought a member's '05 LGT last week. Car is amazing, however the exhaust is just too loud for me as a daily driver. Plus, I am annoying my neighbors. Right now I am running Megan 3' dp and Perrin mid/dual CBE, all catless (which will be posted FS here once I put on something new).

I want some sound, but not so much that my house shakes. Any ideas on where to start? I have searched high and low on here.

Couple of questions:

1) How much would hf cat change sound?

2) Cans on Perrin dual exhaust are small diameter. Wouldn't a larger diameter can like Magnaflow or similar quiet things down a little?

I want to keep as much power as I can and also try to avoid a retune if possible.

Thx.

Perrin is known to be one of the louder exhausts and being catless surely does not help you in the quiet dept. CBE does not help you in the power dept, you could go back to stock and be fine. Only if you go to a much larger turbo that pushes a significant amount of air will you see gains with a larger CBE. PM me i have some axle back muffler that will be up for sale in the next month or so. and Mods this should be moved as well

Perrin is known to be one of the louder exhausts and being catless surely does not help you in the quiet dept. CBE does not help you in the power dept, you could go back to stock and be fine. Only if you go to a much larger turbo that pushes a significant amount of air will you see gains with a larger CBE. PM me i have some axle back muffler that will be up for sale in the next month or so. and Mods this should be moved as well

Other mods are VF52 and Perrin EL Headers. Tuned to 249 awhp and 300 awtq. I still have stock exhaust minus catback sitting in garage. I am considering putting it back on, but I'm concerned about some power loss. Thoughts?

Archived