LegacyGT.com

To-do/replacement parts list when transmission is out?

Mr. Sinister

If you're going to drop the transmission, is there a list of things to do or replace while the transmission is out? I've searched but can't seem to find one.

Details:

- 6MT

- Car is making a groaning noise when the clutch is pressed in. Possibly same problem as stated in this thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/clutch-pedal-creaking-sound-only-hot-130586.html?t=130586

If it is in fact the pressure plate that's causing the problem, I want to compile a list of things to replace/inspect while the transmission is out. Here's what I have so far:

1. Flywheel

2. Pressure plate

3. Clutch

4. Throw out bearing

Anything else that should be added to the list? Other things I've considered since it should be easy when the trans is out, but if it ain't broke...

1. Engine rear main seal

2. Right side axle CV boot

Pilot bearing comes with the clutch kit.

Grease the starter shaft.

Grease the snot on the tranny.

Use anti-sieze compound on all the bolt and nuts.

Clean the matting surfaces of the block and tranny, ground path.

TSK3 TOB kit

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I forgot to mention that the dealer is doing this work under an extended warranty.

- 6MTs don't have the snout problem, so I shouldn't need the TSK3 kit

- Front LSD is a good suggestion, but I don't think I can source one in time and I'm not sure if the benefits are worth it for the way I drive

Thanks for all the input so far.

I've been waffling on doing the Group N mount and I don't think I'm going to do it. I've read some complaints about NVH and to be perfectly honest, that area feels fine to me right now with the way I drive.

I've been quoted $805 for the clutch parts. Ouch. Beats doing it later and having to pay for labor though.

Archived