LegacyGT.com

Please help identifying all these leaking parts.

OK, I will check it out a bit closer the next time I get a chance. I would like to change the coolant soon because I've never done it. (and I'm assuming PO never did either) If things are looking soft, I will just add a rubber spacer between the clamp and the tubing. If things look worse for wear, I guess I'll have to look for some NEW hoses,

I think all new hoses and a jug of coolant (straight not 50/50) was not more than $50 at Advance Auto.

After 2000 miles, the goofy hoses seem to have sort of "melted" into the proper shape and my gripes about fitment aren't as bad as I thought.

Couldn't sleep so went out and worked on the leggy...

Get new hoses! I thought mine were fine on my SS until one the upper rad hose blew apart while my wife was driving home from work. She almost destroyed the engine because she kept driving and all of the coolant leaked out. Engine overheated but it seems fine now.

I bought new OEM upper and lower hoses from the Dealer. I have replaced almost every coolant line at this point. I have two more to go and I have the replacement hoses sitting here. But it is only 5 degrees out during the day so I'm not in a hurry to go outside and freeze.

I have a couple jugs of coolant already for both of my cars so its just a matter of getting the hoses. New it is then, anybody happen to know inside/outside diameters of hoses as well as pressure figures? I know I can just pick them up from advance auto boys or wherever but I want to explore one alternate option that may or may not be beneficial to us.

Archived