LegacyGT.com

Thanks! Check these problems out!

Do the thermostat or no?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do the thermostat or no?

• Yes
    • No

Yeah the Ecu said what I was going and the speedo on the cluster was still off.

Here is more evidence that the stalk is bad though:

i need to put the little "p" switch on to get my secondary set to turn on. They dont just turn on with the headlights.

So I got the P1507 code again, and the car really hated life for another block or so from my home, I shut it off and turned it back on and it was fine. So is this what I need to replace?

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh264/thatmanwithwhat/misc%20junk/20130115_155647_zps0bf7b1c6.jpg

Then I changed the spark plugs.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh264/thatmanwithwhat/misc%20junk/20130115_164901_zps0547d1ec.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh264/thatmanwithwhat/misc%20junk/20130115_164905_zpsf5c9dd48.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh264/thatmanwithwhat/misc%20junk/20130115_164913_zps19fe1278.jpg

Ok, and then I get another dash plopped that in, it works with everything but the speedo and then I tried to take it apart but the needle wont come out, do i just have to pull really hard?:lol:

i'm nor 100% sure what you are asking, but if a second speedo installed in your car does not work,

IT IS NOT YOUR SPEEDO CAUSING THE PROBLEM.

do not pull the needle unless you are planning to throw the whole thing away.

So I picked up another cluster. The speedo didn't work when I installed it.

The one in the car, is off by 25mph.

The one in the car is also kinda messed up so can I use the needle out of the one that doesn't work? Or vice versa and how? I tug on it but it won't come out.

So I just need to pull really hard?

I even took out the two little screws by the needle.

Anyway, here is another winning bit of this car. I will try to make it short.

Car starts to overheat. :mad:

Reservoir is at brim when i check.:eek:

Bottom hose off radiator is cool.:confused:

Limp home not letting it get hotter than 200.:(

Then massage hoses, fill radiator again and now car acts normal.:spin:What the?!?

Sounds like you had an air bubble in the system, bad thermostat or your head gaskets are failing. Make sure there is an OEM Subaru thermostat installed, not an aftermarket replacement. Non OEM t-stats are known to cause issues in our cars. The bottom hose will stay cold unless the tstat gets hot enough to open up.

Ah huh, those FSM are so help full, whoever posted them, thank you. Although kind of annoying that its at the bottom of the engine. Well I suppose that will be the next thing on the to do list is a coolant flush while just buying another OEM, for sure, thermostat.

I have this problem in my 98 ob. It was 4eat, I swapped it to a manual and it still does the same thing! I replaced the speed sensor, maf, and put an entirely new engine in there that I know didn't have that problem before. I get 1507 IACV fail safe and 1540 speed sensor. I took apart my gauge cluster before this started happening to try to put in the 140 cluster. It didnt read right so I put back in my old 120 cluster. The only think I can try next is make sure I put everything back in the cluster right, and check some connections under the hood. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary when I did the swap. Any input would be great....

Well It seems its 100% the cluster, to answer your question.

Anyway, I dont know about this car.

It overheated again, filled it back up doing the same thing, then drove it 2 miles and did the same thing. Finally it was okay for about 5 miles and it began to rise above 180 again.

At this point its difficult to say its burning it, since its 15 degrees. Doesn't smell at least. But no murky stuff in the oil, coolant all seems clear.

Should I get an OEM Thermostat and put more money into it or Should this be a parts car for you guys?

• 2 months later...
For the electric draw, check the ground on the starter. I fought with me gt for 3 days after changing the brake light switch, unwiring a crappy aftermarket security system and the guy at advance auto parts notice the ground connection arcing

Archived