LegacyGT.com

Vibrating Shifter

Guest *Jedimaster*
Mine vibrates, but not as much as the WRX. The WRX felt like, well, a "marital aid". The OB XT seems to give me just enough info to know that I'm rowing gears on a machine, witohut being muted to the point that it feels detatched. If that makes sense.

[quote name='jedimaster']Mine vibrates, but not as much as the WRX. The WRX felt like, well, a "marital aid". The OB XT seems to give me just enough info to know that I'm rowing gears on a machine, witohut being muted to the point that it feels detatched. If that makes sense.[/quote] lol :lol: I can watch it moving around, but I hear it's not good to rest your hand on the shifter when driving, unless you are going to shift of course. :P

Guest *Jedimaster*
I've heard that too- something about it being bad for the synchros. I can just see SOA putting a new trans in my car only after checking the sweat content of the shift knob for excessive "palm oil" :roll:

Most of the shifters in maual trans. cars I have driven have vibrated. It is a function of feedback through the trans, and not a bad thing. If it annoys you, softer shifter bushings will fix it. Be aware that the harder bushings (kartboy) will make it slightly worse. The volvo and other cars that are more refined, less connected and driver oriented, use systems to reduce or eliminate the vibration. Ted
:spin:

[quote name='praedet']Most of the shifters in maual trans. cars I have driven have vibrated. It is a function of feedback through the trans, and not a bad thing. If it annoys you, softer shifter bushings will fix it. Be aware that the harder bushings (kartboy) will make it slightly worse. The volvo and other cars that are more refined, less connected and driver oriented, use systems to reduce or eliminate the vibration. Ted[/quote] Ted: Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought. I wasn't overly concerned about it but I guess I just wanted to make sure. I am so used to the v70 that the XT was a little bit of a surprise to me. I have to admit that I like the "feel" of the XT much better :oops:

Archived