LegacyGT.com

Which is the Better Product

if you are going to a shop, might as well find a pair of mufflers you like and take them to the shop and have a custom exhaust setup...

but I love my Invidia Q300

Im thinking of changing to this from my Fujitsubo CBE,how loud is it etc? Looking for something a bit more subtle than current canons!

I was more concerned with ease of installation .

Thank you for that link to a place in N.J. Who have done the Borlas....

After some research I've Settled on the Borla .I will be 63 this February and stock performance is enough for me.What endeared me to this SpecB was cruising on the Pa.Turnpike,,with 18 wheelers,and I needed to pass at 72 miles an hour,,,once above the 3 K TACH that turbo boost was just music to my ears.

Now,,,if I could only manage to get into it easier,,,,,,,without being a contortionist ,,,,,that would help.

I was more concerned with ease of installation .

Thank you for that link to a place in N.J. Who have done the Borlas....

After some research I've Settled on the Borla .I will be 63 this February and stock performance is enough for me.What endeared me to this SpecB was cruising on the Pa.Turnpike,,with 18 wheelers,and I needed to pass at 72 miles an hour,,,once above the 3 K TACH that turbo boost was just music to my ears.

Now,,,if I could only manage to get into it easier,,,,,,,without being a contortionist ,,,,,that would help.

You should consider a Cobb Accessport.

Yes,,that kennel worth NJ place is now a viable option,,,at the least.

Was wondering about plugs,,as well..The B was equipped with so called platinum pieces...again..although it is a 06 ..and have only 20 .7 K on it....it is at least 6.5 years old...

Just was wondering about getting back to its original Specs 250 HP....250 torque would a simple change of plugs help...does the plat plugs make a difference.im sure their legacy is in long life but nearly 7 years now.....??

I switched to synthetic oil two years ago.....

with 18 wheelers,and I needed to pass at 72 miles an hour,,,once above the 3 K TACH that turbo boost was just music to my ears.

Are you sure that wasn't the 18 wheeler's turbo? They're pretty loud. ;)

For what it's worth, when I got my car with only 37K on it, there were a few things I did immediately:

• Replaced spark plugs
  • Replaced tires
  • Replaced brake pads
  • Replaced rotors
  • Oil change

Stock plugs on our cars are NGK brand Iridium, not platinum.

BX77 beat me to it, but AZP Installs is extremely well regarded on these forums. Mike and his guys should have no trouble whatsoever dealing with any aspect of a Subaru Legacy (including the spec.B) and the myriad options and exhausts, etc. He can even help steer you where you want to go in your options. Send him a pm on the forums here and he'll get back to you.

As previously stated, you should also do some research on here about uppipes. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the 06 spec.Bs had catted uppipes as well. This is a design flaw in the early 4th gens that was implemented to help with cold start emissions. If you are not the first owner of the car, however, the po may have done something about this already. It's something that should be dealt with at some point.

Welcome to LGT.com and enjoy your new spec.B.

Archived