LegacyGT.com

Was running 225/40/18, can I bump up to 245/40/18?

B2

So I pulled the summer tires off the 05 legacy wagon last night and the left rear was down to the belt. I bought the car from someone else back in september and have put about 3k miles on it since I bought it. I'm inclined to think there was a previous alignment issue because all the other tires are fine for the most part. None of the other ones had that much severe wear. Since I already have a pair of winter tires on stock rims, I was thinking about getting another pair of summer tires. Was running 225/40/18's on OZ rims and was wondering if it's possible to bump up to a 245/40/18 tires without any rubbing issues.

• Moderators

how wide are the wheels?

EDIT: Whatever you wheels are, assuming you can fit 245s on them and that you wont rub, here's the quick rundown. Your current setup (225/40-18) is 1.9% different from stock, not bad. If you switch to 245/40-18 you'll be 4.3% different from stock (overall outside circumference of the tire will be larger)--speedo will report a lower-than-actual speed and odometer will report a lower-than-actual mileage. You're getting that effect already, but only at a 1.9% difference instead of 4.3%.

At the end of the day I'm not sure any of that really matters for the car as long as you are aware of it.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived