LegacyGT.com

HID Help

What type of headlights do you have? USDM or JDM projectors? If you do not have JDM projectors then HIDs are not a good idea, illegal, and downright dangerous. Although you may have increased visibility at night you will blind/piss off oncoming traffic. Do you already have a kit?

HIDs are really easy to install though. Most kits come with directions. All you do is connect the positive and negative wires to the battery, install the bulbs, zip tie the wiring harness and use sticky tape to secure the ballasts.

Here are some pics of my JDM projector HID install. I bought a DDM HID kit. This is by no means a complete DIY. I do not show how to wire your JDMs or do the UDSM conversion, or a lot of other stuff. :lol:

Step 1: Convert your JDMs to the USDM light pattern. I followed the DIY posted by my esteemed buddy eekay: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/diy-jdm-headlight-blackout-and-usdm-light-pattern-conversion-127120.html

Step 2, 3, 4 etc: Remove your headlights and grill. Mark the inner diameter of your rubber HID housing with dividers. Drill out the material inside the marked circle. Clean it up with a knife.

I attached the power source thingy to the battery, a ballast below that and the other ballast below the passenger side headlight. I utilized an existing bolt hole for the passenger side along with some sticky tape. I zip tied the harness to whatever was convenient. Plug in some crap and enjoy your legal HIDs. :rolleyes:

divider.thumb.jpg.c6b04a064f3d5a0cc758810773530997.jpg

drillholes.thumb.jpg.86c1868e24ff97120737186b52b04e65.jpg

cleanup.thumb.jpg.0e64e454f72a7759315de881b03da7f8.jpg

installhousing.thumb.jpg.d2b60c4ec7cbd5fc4a4deed4b76bb2f9.jpg

battery.thumb.jpg.04835346e185f75bb109e3adf609b114.jpg

wiringmess.thumb.jpg.a11df3c1b261e2b31f3ad88deb8c4195.jpg

passengerside.thumb.jpg.64379d910be95bef10ba0daf8262f28b.jpg

DSCF6488.thumb.jpg.776a031628e48791969f3e48bf111639.jpg

remove dust cap, use a drill to cut dust caps if your car has one

remove bulb

install hid bulb

run wire through dust cap

plug spade from ballast to bulb connector

use sticky tape to mount ballast

need pics? search

This helped a lot, thank you. And no the kit didnt come with an instillation directions lol. But yeah it was very simply.

What type of headlights do you have? USDM or JDM projectors? If you do not have JDM projectors then HIDs are not a good idea, illegal, and downright dangerous. Although you may have increased visibility at night you will blind/piss off oncoming traffic. Do you already have a kit?

HIDs are really easy to install though. Most kits come with directions. All you do is connect the positive and negative wires to the battery, install the bulbs, zip tie the wiring harness and use sticky tape to secure the ballasts.

Just like BMW's. Weird.

Archived