LegacyGT.com

Worth the Wait!!!

Guest *Jedimaster*

Guest *Jedimaster*
At last- the planets were aligned, I was no longer maligned and I picked up my 2005 Outback 2.5 XT Limited with 5 speed manual! I'm still breaking her in, but this thing hauls ass so far! And it's quiet as hell too- it tricks you into thinking you're going slow- you really have to pay attention to the speedometer. I didn't get any good pix as it's raining like a mothabeetch here in NY. Supposed to be the same tomorrow. So pix will have to wait, but I'm in Love!!!

[quote name='jedimaster']At last- the planets were aligned, I was no longer maligned and I picked up my 2005 Outback 2.5 XT Limited with 5 speed manual! I'm still breaking her in, but this thing hauls ass so far! And it's quiet as hell too- it tricks you into thinking you're going slow- you really have to pay attention to the speedometer. I didn't get any good pix as it's raining like a mothabeetch here in NY. Supposed to be the same tomorrow. So pix will have to wait, but I'm in Love!!![/quote] Congrats!!!!!!! Enjoy it and keep her within the speed limit!

Fantastic and so great to hear that yr happy with yr new ride. Quick questions, Does the USDM versions have both KM's & Miles on the speedo ? And if so, does it only go up to 180 KM/H ? What color did u end up choosing ? Happy Piloting......

Guest *Jedimaster*
Hey, thanks guys! I went with the silver and dark silver combo- the car gets lots of looks and I feel like I'm driving something very exclusive. I'm also not getting those glaring looks the Sport Compact crew- you know the look that says "Yeah, my Civic can beat your WRX" :lol:

[quote name='agctr']Fantastic and so great to hear that yr happy with yr new ride. Quick questions, Does the USDM versions have both KM's & Miles on the speedo ? And if so, does it only go up to 180 KM/H ? What color did u end up choosing ? Happy Piloting......[/quote] agctr: The speedo indicates 160MPH. It does have KPH but they are VERY small, like all USDM vehicles. I'll double check when I go out to lunch but it should indicate 250 or 260 kph. I'm pretty sure the cars are limited to 130MPH by a governor. Just checked it, 260KPH top end.

[quote name='jedimaster']Hey, thanks guys! I went with the silver and dark silver combo- the car gets lots of looks and I feel like I'm driving something very exclusive. I'm also not getting those glaring looks the Sport Compact crew- you know the look that says "Yeah, my Civic can beat your WRX" :lol:[/quote] I know that look. :D You should have seen the one I got from the guy in a Boxster after I ran neck and neck with him up to 80. Boy, if I hadn't been shiting at 4,000 he would have been really surprised :D

Guest *Jedimaster*
Oh man- I can't wait to do something like that- gotta love the sleeper factor. I can't wait to rev this thing to redline- the car makes so many nice sounds! I can't discern yet if it's the gearbox of the turbo, but it makes a faint sounds that reminds me of the Delorean from Back to the Future.

I envy you folks who already have your OBXTs, I'm still working on the wife who is still entertaining the X3 :roll: I did get her to test drive an OBXT with about 500 miles on it this weekend-and she was floored at how "German" the car felt. Rock-solid, great shift-action, steering, and handling. Her only quibbles were a low roof line compared to her truck and the cheap tires. One bemusing part of her test drive was when we came upon an Audi A6 2.7T just before the twisty bits section of the local car dealer's " standard test loop". Lara, my wife, got right on the A6's bumper and stayed planted there despite the best efforts of the salesman to get away from the Outback. No matter how hard the A6 accelerated, Lara had no problem staying with him despite short shifting and giving him some space for braking. Lara has taken numerous driving courses and participated in a lot of track days, so she is comfortable at pace. The Audi sales guy did not look too happy when we pulled along side. Though the couple in the Audi were giving puzzled looks toward the OBXT. Anyhow, she was flabbergasted with how fast the OBXT was-even faster than my WRX I dare say. I love the low-down torque and its ability to build speed from low down in the rev range. The ride also is amazing. The suspension just absorbs bumps and pavement irregularities. Nice ride folks, enjoy!

[quote name='bgsntth']I envy you folks who already have your OBXTs, I'm still working on the wife who is still entertaining the X3 :roll: I did get her to test drive an OBXT with about 500 miles on it this weekend-and she was floored at how "German" the car felt. Rock-solid, great shift-action, steering, and handling. Her only quibbles were a low roof line compared to her truck and the cheap tires. One bemusing part of her test drive was when we came upon an Audi A6 2.7T just before the twisty bits section of the local car dealer's " standard test loop". Lara, my wife, got right on the A6's bumper and stayed planted there despite the best efforts of the salesman to get away from the Outback. No matter how hard the A6 accelerated, Lara had no problem staying with him despite short shifting and giving him some space for braking. Lara has taken numerous driving courses and participated in a lot of track days, so she is comfortable at pace. The Audi sales guy did not look too happy when we pulled along side. Though the couple in the Audi were giving puzzled looks toward the OBXT. Anyhow, she was flabbergasted with how fast the OBXT was-even faster than my WRX I dare say. I love the low-down torque and its ability to build speed from low down in the rev range. The ride also is amazing. The suspension just absorbs bumps and pavement irregularities. Nice ride folks, enjoy![/quote] Sounds like fun! Tell your wife that the X3 is something like 3 seconds slower to 60 than the XT :D Tire can be replaced and she'll get used to the low roof line. Join us!!!!

Guest *Jedimaster*
:werd: The tires are severely limiting the cars handling. Better tires would make it at least as good as my modded WRX wagon.

Archived