LegacyGT.com

Passing Emissions

Hey guys, I'm still pretty new to the Subi scene trying to learn lots before I get in to really modifying my car. I have an 09 LGT 5EAT and would like to eventually start make it stage 2+ on E85. My question Is, how well do our cars do on passing emissions with that kind of set up? Also, anyone running catless DP and passing? I'm in Colorado btw, Thanks for your help guys!

prepare for transmission failure....

post in the local forum to find out what local shops

are emission friendly

E85= Do want!

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

prepare for transmission failure....

post in the local forum to find out what local shops

are emission friendly

E85= Do want!

I did post in that too and yeah I know the tranny is what scares me, I see you also have a 5EAT and your numbers are what I would like to achieve. Any tranny mods on your end?

Not sure how CO emissions are tested (if they do a sniffer or just an OBD-II scan). If it is just an OBD scan with no visual inspection you should have no issues going catless. My old WRX was purchased with a catless DP and it passed emissions in both Atlanta and Seattle. That being said, there are few compelling reasons to go catless... a high-flow cat DP is what I would recommend for a street car just for peace of mind.

Not sure how CO emissions are tested (if they do a sniffer or just an OBD-II scan). If it is just an OBD scan with no visual inspection you should have no issues going catless. My old WRX was purchased with a catless DP and it passed emissions in both Atlanta and Seattle. That being said, there are few compelling reasons to go catless... a high-flow cat DP is what I would recommend for a street car just for peace of mind.

They do do a sniffer a believe, looks like I'll be doing a high flow Catted dp and tune for now. Thanks guys!

Archived