LegacyGT.com

Just picked up my new 2005 LGT Limited wagon

I like to thank Eric at Autowest Subaru in Roseville. Everything went great except for getting bored with the long sales pitch from the finance guy.

So...now I have a brand new 2005 Legacy GT Limited wagon in Atlantic Blue with taupe interior. I originally wanted a manual but decided to get the auto. Half of my long 150 mile round trip commute is up mountain roads and the other half often involves getting stuck in traffic right by where the dealership is located, so in the end, lazyness won.

Sadly I do miss my 96 Toyota Camry with 226K+ miles. It's been super reliable except for the last 80K miles. It's taken quite a bit of abuse which I won't be doing to the Legacy. Camry's were not meant for going sideways on a dirt road at over 40 mph, although it does it quite well.

Yay, ABP+taupe. :) +1 for ABP!

Enjoy your new ride!

----------------

Rob - RE: Limited vs. "un"-limited models, please check the Subaru.com official site.

http://www.subaru.com/shop/specifications.jsp?year=2005&model=LEGACY&trim=25_GT_SEDAN <--- this is the 2.5GT Sedan's Limited option package, and similar packages exist both for the 2.5i models as well as the wagons of each.

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Limited model has leather, sunroof, powered front seats, and auto climate control.

I just picked up the car after work, by the time paper work was done it was dark so no pictures yet.

At least my break in period is short. I should hit 1000 miles NEXT WEEK.

It ended being $250 below invoice. $29750, auto dim mirror, arm rest, rear cargo net, cargo tray, perimeter alarm, and the stupid $275 advertising fee.

It was the last one they had. The LGT are getting scarce. I was going to get the same car in manual for $27,580, but the dealer sold it the day before I could get there. Then I talked to Eric and test drove an auto and said to myself, you really don't want to drive a manual in stop and go traffic EVERY DAY. Half of my 150 miles daily commute is on a mountain road and the other half is often stuck in traffic right where the dealership is located.

So far I'm on my second tank of gas. I'm averaging 24.5 to 25 mpg. Going to work is about 22-23 mpg, 72 miles, starting at an elevation of 50 feet above sea level to 3000 feet.

I really need to get the back windows tinted. There is too much glass and a lot of interior volume that it's difficult to get the interior cooled down after sitting in the sun at 90-100 degrees.

Welcome to the club man...

Great car and great decision...

I do own an LGT wagon, but mine is Red Garnet Pearl, LTD but I got 5mt ;-)

400 miles? No worries, 600 more to go before the AP and Stage I, ;)

Cheers,

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Nice ride Scotty.;)

For all those interested.......the base model in the GT which is the model without sunroof, leather, curtain side airbags, Macintosh etc. has been totally droppped downunder in the GT range.

I notice you've got mudflaps Scott which isn't even standard on our Premium Pack and your USA roof rails look like they are the sort off the Outback.

Our GT rails sit flush with the roof line and are in silver.

Rob.

Archived