LegacyGT.com

2006 LGT AT Blown Engine

bmglaude

2006 LGT AT, 85K, Invidia Catless DP and UP, VF52 Turbo, Magnaflow CB Exhaust, IPR TMIC with suspension, brake and lighting upgrades (Angel Eyes by LightWerkz).

Looking for some suggestions:

I was just told me engine is toast, cylinder compression tested results for the passenger side was 130 front and 120 rear.

I'm not sure exactly what that means so not sure if I should have a shop tear apart the engine to fully diagnose, search for a used engine to swap, or just try selling the car as is. The car is in excellent shape.

Thoughts?

you have 4 cylinders. List each cylinder and the coinciding compression.

Also tell us

1. where you took the car to get looked at

2. why you had a compression test in the first place

3. what CEL's did you have

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Yes, 4 cylinders and as mentioned above the 130 was the compresson of the passenger side front and 120 was for the passenger side rear. The shop didn't bother testing the drivers side becuase he considered it toast.

I performed a compression test as a recommendation from a subaru technician based on the recent history car. A few weeks prior one of my plugs was found to be banged up and the associated coil pack was burned. This was found after I punched it then it started skipping at high rpms and started driving like shit and idling very low. When this happened my car has a strong smell of gas. The plugs and coil pack were changed out and the car seemed to drive fine for a few more weeks until this recent incident.

This recent incident happend after driving fairly aggressive. The car seeemed fine then when I slowed down to pull into my driveway the car died and I couldn't get it to start again. I finally was able to get it to start and pulled it in. The next morning the car seemed to drive ok agian during a easy test drive, then again I slowed down to pull into a driveway and it died, I started it back up and it smoked quite a bit. I did not recieve any CEL's?

Archived