LegacyGT.com

1997 LGT M4 Rallycross Build

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, the shortcourse jumps were awesome, they look way worse than they felt at least the first one. The second was super smooth, the front tires cleared so i just barely came up short with the rears but that one felt nice. Granted its not like the trucks i drive at work with 24" of travel, but it was an a+ for a stock car. Nothing broke either which I guess says a lot about why I love my subarus.

When I first bought the car, the front crossmember was bent. I replaced the crossmember with a 2.2 crossmember, not realizing that the swaybar mounts were different. That was the initial reason, but like you said, it also helps with rotation which I found was definitely needed. I haven't played with a stiffer rear bar, but even now, the car is a more understeer prone than Imprezas are. This makes it really stable at high speed, but hard to muscle around in rallycross.

• 4 months later...

lol, fair enough.

another question... any idea what brand was for the headers you got? I have literally the same car, and the ebay headers weren't aligning right. I have an oil cooler from a forester, and between that and the close proximity of the ebay headers to my coolant piping, I decided not to proceed. The headers you have in the picture look like they'd fit up well

Is your eBay header and unequal length?

My header is super old. Back in the day before the wrx came to the states, Cobb used to make a header for the RS. My header was one of their original prototypes. Fast forward to now, Cobb stopped making the header years ago, but OBX copied it so that's where you can pick one up now. It is equal length though so you won't get the rumble fyi.

Archived