LegacyGT.com

Hella Horns, Which Harness?

LegacyKid5

Alright, I'm looking into getting hella supertone horns and I'm trying to decide whcih relay harness to go with. I'm not extremely electrical savvy, but I had read a bunch about the subimod harness being improperly wired due to the 4 pin issue. Now they have a note on their website saying:

Subimods.com has now started including 5 pin relays with there harnesses, why? Hella includes with every set of horns a 4 pin relay, we construct our harness to only work with a 5 pin relay. If a 4 pin relay is used with our harness it could cause your horns to remain powered even when the car is off, when they should only be engergized when the horn is pushed. Any customers having this issue please contact us for a new relay

So my question is should I go with the subimods harness or the AZP?

Alright, I'm looking into getting hella supertone horns and I'm trying to decide whcih relay harness to go with. I'm not extremely electrical savvy, but I had read a bunch about the subimod harness being improperly wired due to the 4 pin issue. Now they have a note on their website saying:

Subimods.com has now started including 5 pin relays with there harnesses, why? Hella includes with every set of horns a 4 pin relay, we construct our harness to only work with a 5 pin relay. If a 4 pin relay is used with our harness it could cause your horns to remain powered even when the car is off, when they should only be engergized when the horn is pushed. Any customers having this issue please contact us for a new relay

So my question is should I go with the subimods harness or the AZP?

I'm using the Subimods harness with the 5-pin relay with no issues. Also using the Subimods horn bracket.

Archived