LegacyGT.com

stand alond tcu

frank_ster

I have the megasquirt running the engine , i have added sensors so that the subaru ecm is geting most of the signals so that most everything works normally. The only thing that doesnt work in my car is the cruise but i think i have that figured out.

Baically i have gm v6 with the subaru throttlebody , subaru coolant, map, sensors. The megasqirt makes a simulated crank and cam signals to fool the subie ecu.

Megasquirt is in my opinion mich easier to tune , i make changes while driving and data log with android and or pc via Bluetooth or serial/ usb.

Whats hard is making the car runnperfect in daily driving situations. There are sooo many variables. From cold enrichments to acceleration enrichments.

Its usually easier to take the subaru tune and just make a few changes. Compared to starting from scratch.

I have spent hundreds of hours playing with the tune to optimize fuel economy, cold start, warmup issues to prevent stalling when puting into gear . Optomizing fuel injection timming etc . Its a lot of funnto play with and you can do more but you can also break stuff if you dont know what you are doing.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Well depending on the level of mods you are intending.

Im trying to keep the car completely stock apperence inside and out

Stock computer is needed to keep abs happy drive by wire , gauge cluster a/c

However megasquirt can potentially talk to the dashbord / abs take care of a/c and anything else.

• 2 months later...

Frank_ster,

I am awaiting feedback from Syvecs on the matter, but from your implementation, you have 9 outputs and 12 inputs?

OUTPUT (9)

• P/L Solenoid
  • I/C Solenoid
  • H&LR/C Solenoid
  • LC/B Solenoid
  • Fr/B Solenoid
  • L/U Solenoid
  • D/C Solenoid
  • Range Lock Solenoid
  • AWD Solenoid

INPUT (12)

• I/C Oil Pressure Switch
  • LC/B Oil Pressure Switch
  • D/C Oil Pressure switch
  • H&LR/C Oil Pressure Switch
  • Fr/B Oil Pressure Switch

• ATF Temperature Sensor 1
  • ATF Temperature Sensor 2
  • Lateral G Sensor
  • Rear Vehicle Speed Sensor
  • Front Vehicle Speed Sensor
  • Turbine Speed Sensor 1
  • Turbine Speed Sensor 2

Range lock is just for the shifter so you cant put it in reverse when going more than 5 mph.

For inputs you dont need most of those.

1 temp sensor

1 speed sensor

Shift up

Shift down

Shifter in drive.

west_minst, take a look at the Syvecs S6+. They have a Subaru CANbus interface developed for the GRB, which would work in a Legacy with some tweaking of the addresses. Full control of dash, HVAC etc. They also have a complete kit (on the larger S8 though) for the R35 which controls it's transmission, so that should also be no problem.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I know. Problem you have to do the CAN research and since the 5EAT Is not really desogn for real sport, why no just replace it. But I am hoping to do the research, but I dont have a 5EAT to hand, unless I travel.

Frank_ster, do have done the analysis?

Nope.

But the 5 eat can take power it just needs a 250$ controller ,

As the trans is built stronger to be smooth. As smooth is more abuse than quick shifting . So just make it shif fast and it will be fine

As the trans is built stronger to be smooth. As smooth is more abuse than quick shifting . So just make it shif fast and it will be fine

That's well-put. A lot of people miss this connection.

Sent from some electronic device.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Frank_ster:

I am on vacation this week. Do you think you have any time we can link either on bbm or whatsapp to discuss the 5EAT operations?

I printed all material to slowly go through them. We can use stuff like teamviewer etc for meeting like stuff.

If you can, email me letting me know the possibilities - west_minist@extremeracingtuning.com

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

its not like a manual transmission, you dont have to open a clutch , make the gear change then re-engage the clutch.

all that really happens is one solenoid turns off and the next turns on and you are in the next gear.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=135005&d=1354140563

when you are in 1st gear solenoid 2 and 4 are on .

to shift into second gear you need to simply turn on solenoid 3 while turning solenoid 2 off.

to shift into 3rd you will turn solenoid 2 back on so that 2,3,and 4 are on.

to shift into 4th you have solenoid 1,2,and 3 on.

to shift into 5th 1,2 and 4

so that would get you through all the gears...

in addition solenoid 5 should be engaged in 1st and 2nd gears, so that you have engine braking other wise the engine will fall to idle in those gears when you let off the throttle.

the stock tcm only engages sol 5 when in sport mode

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=135005&d=1354140563

• 2 weeks later...

Archived