LegacyGT.com

Buick Grand National, T-Type and GNX..

I would think it would be the other way around, I would think this would increase CTS sales.

Why buy a 335XI when you can pick up a 535XI for the same price? I mean sure, there are people who wouldn't want the larger car, but I think as a whole more people would. Wouldn't they?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would think it would be the other way around, I would think this would increase CTS sales.

Why buy a 335XI when you can pick up a 535XI for the same price? I mean sure, there are people who wouldn't want the larger car, but I think as a whole more people would. Wouldn't they?

I would think so

Not everybody wants a bigger car. The ATS blows the CTS away with its looks. You also have to take the driving experience into account. I haven't had a chance to drive one yet but from what I've read, the ATS will out handle the CTS any day of the week.

I really think the ATS 2.0 Performance could replace my LGT, but I'm going to wait awhile to see how the new Infiniti G turns out along with the Chevrolet SS.

Why buy a legacy gt when you could save 10k more and buy a A4 or a 335xi as they are only 10k more? Or why would anyone buy a STI when they could save 10k more and buy a s4? Because not everyone has 10k, will have 10k more in a few months or wants to borrow 10k more.

I wouldn't pay 55k for a ATS v6 myself but that doesn't mean there isn't a market for them.

Cause $10k when you can only afford a $30000 car is a lot more than 10k when you can afford a $55k car? In therory to be able to "afford" the Cadi you should be raking in almost as much twice income as someone who can "afford" an LGT and probably more than that because of tax rates and extra laon interest. At that rate it shouldnt take long to find that $10k

Cause $10k when you can only afford a $30000 car is a lot more than 10k when you can afford a $55k car? In therory to be able to "afford" the Cadi you should be raking in almost as much twice income as someone who can "afford" an LGT and probably more than that because of tax rates and extra laon interest. At that rate it shouldnt take long to find that $10k

Why would you make that assumption. Most people do not buy the most expensive car they can possibly afford. My mom makes 150k plus a year and has never bought a car that was more than 35k. You are just assuming you know a majority of car buyers finances. You do not know how long it took them to save for the down payment they already have so you couldn't know how long it will take them to get another 10k when they already have other obligations.

At any rate I agree that 55k for the ATS is too much but your reasoning is flawed.

I don't see Buick ever going there again. Actually believing it is ridiculous. It's just a nice pipe dream. I'll agree that they should save the name for another time but I like the car for what it is regardless of what they call it.

Buick recently has made some great changes/updates to the crap they usually feed us so I have to applaud them for trying.

A new GNX would have to be an iron block with forged internals, hemi heads, a fairly large twin scroll ball bearing turbo, and a few restrictors that would limit the power to around 400hp at the crank... Then with a few VERY simple tweaks be capable of well over 600hp and running 11's or 10's in the 1/4 mile...

Something very easy to mod, bolt-ons go a LONG way, 2+2 coupe, RWD, and S L E E P E R !!!!!

Sorry, the AWD would be better for putting power to the ground but adding the essence of handling would be a game changer. NOT having a transverse mount and NOT having the engine hanging over the front end throwing the balance of the car off leading to under-steer would just be an extra element that the original and an AWD would not have.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

I don't see Buick ever going there again. Actually believing it is ridiculous. It's just a nice pipe dream. I'll agree that they should save the name for another time but I like the car for what it is regardless of what they call it.

Buick recently has made some great changes/updates to the crap they usually feed us so I have to applaud them for trying.

This.

There's no reason Buick shouldn't build an GN or whatever on the Alpha platform. A more wallet friendly ATS sounds good to me. They can call it a Cutlass for all I care.

The bottom line is, they're building affordable, fun to drive cars. And if they build performance variants, that only ups the ante for every other manufacturer. Hell, maybe even Chevy will build a Malibu on the Alpha platform to get some interest in it again. A light, RWD sedan for under 30k? :notbad:

Archived