LegacyGT.com

Buick Grand National, T-Type and GNX..

Hmm...Buick Grand National - looks like it's really happening (and does not look too bad).

http://media.ed.edmunds-media.com/buick/gnx/ns/buick_gnx_r34_ns_112612_717.jpg

http://media.ed.edmunds-media.com/buick/gnx/ns/buick_gnx_f34_ns_112612_600.jpg

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/grand-national-gnx-and-t-type-are-returning-to-buick.html

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless they throw some kind of awesome turbo'd V6 in it and then say that it produces a lot less HP then it actually does.

LOL sure. What I meant by that was turbos are old news now in the automotive world. In the 1980s if you wanted to run fast 1/4mile times you had a v8 until the GN shut some mouths.

Dammit edmunds. If you post renderings, SAY they are renderings.

Basing it off the ATS huh? I already drove the current Regal GS. Nice car, nothing special though. I'm still waiting for the 2.0t manual ATSes to be released to test drive one. GM put a stop sale on them after the mags criticized the action of the shifter. They said other than that, it was better than the 3 Series.

The ATS-V is rumored to have a tt V6, so that might be in the works for a GNX.

How is a rear wheel drive Buick with a turbocharged V6 not worthy of being called a Grand National? The only issues I can think of are that the ATS platform is sort of a small car like the BMW 3 series, and is a sedan. The original Grand Nationals were a pretty large car, and it would have been better if the new version was the size of a Dodge Charger. Making it a sedan is probably necessary if they want them to sell. If they made the car with a solid AWD system, built the engine with a strong bottom end and kept the price reasonable, it could still be a game changer.

How is a rear wheel drive Buick with a turbocharged V6 not worthy of being called a Grand National?

You answered your own question:

it would have been better if the new version was the size of a Dodge Charger.

EDIT: 2 door

But for sure NOT:

If they made the car with a solid AWD system,

random awd subaru TROLL :lol:

That's cause you ain't as big as me!

The new Charger is huge inside. I've been kicking around the idea of replacing the LGT with one in the future.

That could be true, I am not that big but I am somewhat tall. I have test driven multiple chargers on multiple occasions and everytime the test drive has compeltely turned me off to the car. Have not driven a 2013 though. They were all used, some as low as 15kmiles and all of them made noises and had issues. One had 30k on it and needed ball joints and engine mounts(which the dealer offered to do) but at 30k miles those problems worry me. The first charger I drove was a r/t wit hthe 5.7 liter v8 because the dealer salesman said it would smoke my 2000 T/A which I was looking to trade in. That guy had no idea what he was talking about and I knew it as soon as I hit the gas pedal.

You answered your own question:

But for sure NOT:

random awd subaru TROLL :lol:

Answered my own question? What engine and drivetrain configuration did the Grand National have again?

The original Grand National may have not had the most efficient use of space by today's standards, but was still a large car for its time.

I am not really doing the "random AWD Subaru troll" thing here, just stating that it would be the best way to get the power to the ground. GM did that with the Syclone and Typhoon already about 20 years ago. I am struggling to think of another turbocharged, awd six cylinder car besides the GT-R, or other exotics around the 100k price range.

If you are going to make it 4 door

If you are going to make it AWD (for FWD for that matter)

If you are going to make it small

Its not worthy to be called TType/GNX.

And did you say you want a TT 6cyl? Look no further than FORDS ECOBOOST! :lol:

Perfectly entitled to my relatively informed opinion.

Answered my own question? What engine and drivetrain configuration did the Grand National have again?

The original Grand National may have not had the most efficient use of space by today's standards, but was still a large car for its time.

I am not really doing the "random AWD Subaru troll" thing here, just stating that it would be the best way to get the power to the ground. GM did that with the Syclone and Typhoon already about 20 years ago. I am struggling to think of another turbocharged, awd six cylinder car besides the GT-R, or other exotics around the 100k price range.

Taurus SHO, Audi S4(older models of course).

Archived