LegacyGT.com

What Turbo does the GT come with?

jikhead

Will my VF34 fit?

You would need an STi intercooler and an STi Intake manifold to make it work.. the problem is that the housing for the VF40 has a compressed-output flange bend that goes up into the stock GT intercooler, not the conventional tangent compressed-output flange that we are all customed to seeing.

Keefe

Keefe

You would need an STi intercooler and an STi Intake manifold to make it work.. the problem is that the housing for the VF40 has a compressed-output flange bend that goes up into the stock GT intercooler, not the conventional tangent compressed-output flange that we are all customed to seeing.

Keefe

So a hose or tubing couldn't be fabricated to make it fit? But I could take the VF34, my Samco IC hose, and either my stock WRX or STi IC?

there's not much room to deal with such things even if you crammed a VF39 right up in there, the inlet flange for the stock GT TMIC is like DIRECLTY over the turbo. Good luck fab-ing up a hose or flange for that. It's not an easy bolt on. You are still missing the Intake Manifold since the GT's composite manifold is offset to the passenger side of the car, it's not directly centered like the rest of the Subarus. Even if you tried to bolt up the STi TMIC, you'll soon see that the intercooler sits to the right of the car and right over the turbo, not to the side of it.

Keefe

Keefe

Archived