LegacyGT.com

A little nitpicking......

Well, after having the new Leg 2.5i MT for a week, I'm beginning to notice a glitch that's kinda annoying. For those of you out there with the MT models - Do you hear any noise from the shifter boot? When I put the car in 2nd and 5th, it makes a slight "squeaking" noise, and if I'm just crusing in 5th, any small bump in the road will make it squeak also. I'm sure that I'm not describing the noise very well, but the noise seems to be due to the fact that the boot on the shifter is made of something cheap, and when it gets stretched too far, it makes this cheesy noise. Anyone noticing the same? Is there any conditioner of any kind that I could put on that vinyl to quiet it down? Thanks much for any replies.

Had the car for 3 full days and haven't noticed any noise from my shifter boot after ~250 miles on the car. I've been on the highway with windows up and no stereo, stereo on, windows down, windows up and sunroof open... all sorts of variations but with all the windows closed, stereo off, and non-highway driving, I haven't heard any noises from the boot. Is the boot stretching when you go into 2nd or 5th? Mine seems to have an excess of leather and doesn't stretch in any gear. Sorry to hear about your glitch. :(

[quote name='Austin2.5i']Well, after having the new Leg 2.5i MT for a week, I'm beginning to notice a glitch that's kinda annoying. For those of you out there with the MT models - Do you hear any noise from the shifter boot? [/quote] No noise from mine at all.

Archived