LegacyGT.com

Modifying LGT Exhaust To Fit 3.0R...

b18c_ej8

Probably a stupid question, but does anyone know what modifications are necessary to fit an LGT catback onto a 3.0R? I found several threads about some LGT mufflers bolting up, but no definitive info on retrofitting a catback, like in this video:

Love that sound!

Sounds pretty minimal, however, I'm no mechanic nor am I a welder. Doesn't sound too complex though or too much added time at the muffler shop.

Care to elaborate on which pipe needs lengthening? I assume this is to account for the down/mid pipe that would normally be present on a GT?

It's the mid/Y pipe that is too short. (the one that would go between the DP and the mufflers on the GT). Albeit this was just an eyeball of the two pipes. I laid an extra mid pipe for my 3.0R under my LGT and that's about what it was. I didn't get any firm measurements.

Interesting. I guess I'll have to make my mind up and pick one. It's tough to tell how it'll sound on the NA engine when most of the videos/clips out there are on the GT. I do love the HKS Silent Power, but I'm too sure I can bring myself to spend $1200+ on it though... :first world problems: lol!

Thanks though!

Archived