LegacyGT.com

gas mileage, 2.2 swap, low temp,

Hey guys, so my 2.2 swap has been good to me, no major problems, i have over 8, 000 k on the swap now,

now our subaru's gas milage isnt amazing, but mine seams to suck bad, im getting like 18-19 mpg (12.7-.9 l/100k) ever since it got bellow 5 Celsius,

And the car this summer was only about 24 mpg highway, i remember when this 2.2 was in the other car i was getting 26-27 highway and maybe 22-24 on a regular week, i don"t drive like a maniac, accelerate gently, it doesn't seam so make much of a difference,

Now i didnt change the ecu in the car, i read it shouldn't matter, and i dont even know were the ecu is located,

Also the car doesn't have alot of power, a small hill/slant going about 50 k/hr, I can put the pedal all the way to the floor, and it does accelerate to fast lemme tell ya

and the temperature it runs at is bellow half, the motor in the old car always ran at half, I didnt changed the thermostat, the original motor in this car also ran bellow half, so I put a cardboard to maybe bring up the temperature to maybe get better mileage but it still runs the same temp, even though the rad is 50% covered, the gauge in the cluster is okay because the old motor overheated and i saw the gauge rise lol

thanks

That's definitely a bit on the low side. Mine doesn't quite sit AT half, but it's at least halfway further to half than yours. Do you have any way of reading the temp through the OBD port? As I recall it should be somewhere around 190-195 degrees or something like that.

soo, i swaped out the front o2 sensor and i seam to be getting much better mileage, im at half a tank and im at 195 kilomters, were i would ussualy be at like 120-150,

I think when i blew the old 2.5 and all that oil went through the exhaust that sensor got a bit of an oil coating haha

well see what my mpg is in a few days

Archived