LegacyGT.com

gas ques. 87 & 91

dear god man spaces after commas

;)

Although if that had been the only grammatical transgression in your earlier posts, nobody would have made mention of it. :lol:

The lessons learned here will serve you well in life, heed them. In no time you'll be able to use your superior literacy and communication skills to mock your peers when they write to you as if they are still 14 year-olds using a numerical keypad.

my neighbours 04 wrx ran 87 octain for 180 000 kms never any issues.

It can be done. Consider new turbo'd motors have got down to 87 oc.

Most most cars have knock sensors so it's not a huge deal. Typically the problem only comes up in high rev bad gas.

I've also run 11.1:1 motors on 87 oc that were design for 91 oc for over 100k miles.

Say that here and people go crazy though. Expect to get flamed.

reply to the op .. you can run 87 .. its better not to. but you can. if you have 87 the less you beat on your car the better. and yes you can mix 87 and 91 or 93 or 108 octain gas.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

It can be done. Consider new turbo'd motors have got down to 87 oc.

Most most cars have knock sensors so it's not a huge deal. Typically the problem only comes up in high rev bad gas.

I've also run 11.1:1 motors on 87 oc that were design for 91 oc for over 100k miles.

Say that here and people go crazy though. Expect to get flamed.

Ah the benefits of having direct injection where there is no knock and octane doesn't really matter <sigh>, like the MazdaSpeed6

Someday.... Subaru.

Also, OP, thank you for cleaning up your grammar, spelling, punctuation, conjugation, and.... well, all of the deficits. Reading your posts left me with flashbacks of my grandmother correcting my speech and writing when I was a kid (she wasn't even a native English speaker). Adult is as adult does.

Archived