LegacyGT.com

Ground Wire Termination

Hey guys,

I am just finishing up my clutch replacement job and came across this ground wire that seems to have broken off at the ring terminal. I can't find the rest of the ring anywhere on the engine and don't remember removing this during the project. Can anyone tell me where the end of this connects on the engine side? The other end as you can see connects the "dog bone" bracket on the firewall. Thanks for your help.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll273/meisengart/IMG_20121113_220657.jpg

Swing the wire around and see how far it reaches, there will be a bolt or something for it.

I think someone else asked a week or so ago.

My 1st guess would be to a tranny mount bolt.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 6 months later...

Just pick one, or any bolt. just connect the two ends.

I just made up new ground wires for both heads, I should get a picture before I put the bottom engine cover back on.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

• 2 years later...

If you have the miles in a salted state, get yours replaced! I was going to make one but a fully sealed 4g ground wire is cheap.

My bare ground wire on the drivers head was ok, but the passenger side was rotted away causing misfiring.

If you have the miles in a salted state, get yours replaced! I was going to make one but a fully sealed 4g ground wire is cheap.

My bare ground wire on the drivers head was ok, but the passenger side was rotted away causing misfiring.

Got any pics of it? that seems to be the only ting that didn't get rusted on my car.

Got any pics of it? that seems to be the only ting that didn't get rusted on my car.

Isn't there a picture in my post above ?

Just get any decent terminal and make up your own cable. Any auto parts store will have what you need.

It just crumbled when I touched it. By the time I unbolted it, all I had were the terminals. I had built one using three 10g wires, but for $6.50 a "proper" ground lead is cheap. Between the salt and the heat off the header/up, and storage in a heated garage, it was toast.

Isn't there a picture in my post above ?

Just get any decent terminal and make up your own cable. Any auto parts store will have what you need.

My bad, should have used quote

It just crumbled when I touched it. By the time I unbolted it, all I had were the terminals. I had built one using three 10g wires, but for $6.50 a "proper" ground lead is cheap. Between the salt and the heat off the header/up, and storage in a heated garage, it was toast.

That's crazy.

Sent from my iFail using Tapatalk App

• 2 years later...
Update: The cables lasted just over two years before the terminals corroded with the same symptoms. The bulk of the corrosion occurs at the connection between the cable and the body. I replaced with new hardware and Flex Sealed this time.

At least you know how to fix it now. Why don't you spend more time around here ?

Only 18 post in two years...

Or do you have a life...unlike most of us LOL

Well... working 6 days a week on a business startup, 7th day spent fixing things our family breaks... I'm not complaining but that is my life!

I've gleaned a lot from this forum and I try to contribute what I feel is relevant, otherwise, I'm just not into posting on all of the forums I belong to.

Archived