LegacyGT.com

Dead battery/clicking relay

Hey all, I parked my LGT for a couple weeks while waiting for a spot to be available at the local shop. I went to move it today and found the battery was dead, I had to jump it. That shouldn't have been the case as I definitely didn't leave anything on but oh well.

Got the car started for about five minutes but it idled high and would go back to regular idle if I tapped the gas. Also, when I turned the car off I heard a relay clicking rapidly from the glove box area. Finally, I noticed none of the buttons on the remote key worked. UNlock and trunk unlock would give me a very faint beep but didn't actually do their function (I think the trunk unlatched but did not spring up).

So what's up here? Simple dead battery? The shop will have it tomorrow but I wanted to try and figure out what it is myself first.

Make sure you clean the terminals before you install the new battery. Then put some grease around them top and bottom, to keep moisture out

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Mega Users
Let the car sit over night...you'll know in the AM.

Battery's don't last forever. 7 years is along time.

mine cranks slow when its 50 or below out. Just praying she lasts another winter.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

mine cranks slow when its 50 or below out. Just praying she lasts another winter.

Come on, with all you money, you can't buy a freak'in battery....it's telling you something...

At least clean the terminals.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived