LegacyGT.com

Anyone have install instruction for the alarm upgrade?

bemani

I couldn't tell you physically where in the car, but it looks like I'll be able to tell you this weekend. My car came early (dealer trade), but it's got the proximity alarm that I _don't_ want (don't want to be the jackass who never turns his alarm off, but know I'm lazy enough to be). They're either going to take it off and not charge me for it, or I'm waiting for the car I _did_ order to come off the truck.

I believe the alarm upgrade module installs under the passenger seat. I think it also has to be programmed by the dealership for it to work properly. I've ordered and received the module, but I have not had a chance to install it yet- still trying to get the airbag recall thing straightened out with these yo-yos. The module does come with install instructions though. Rimfaxe

Yep, you're right Rimfaxe. Damn I gotta schedule an appointment for them to program mine. If I knew the standard alarm was this crappy I would've ordered the upgrade as an option :evil:

Yeah, I'm not surprised that the dealership didn't know anything about it. Seems they can't find their A$$ with a Catcher's Mit sometimes. I purchased the alarm upgrade, but after having Spritle and Chim Chim replace them (it took four visits!) I'm not about to let them do anything else. I'll sit tight unitl I find someone that knows something about it. I understand that you can change a number of options once you are into the program. Anyway, if you get it done, please share the results. If you can 'obtain' the software and hardware, you may have a opportunity to help out a lot of people here....

I'm giving it up, I just returned the security upgrade and I'm going to get an aftermarket alarm installed instead. After abusing my car for 2 hours (its a shock sensor they're activating, guess what they would have to do to test it), they managed to activate the alarm, except that the horns don't sound - only the lights flash when it is activated (yes my horn works in the normal way). That's a problem all in itself. But I'm not going to pursue further because it seems that the only way to get the lights to even flash is for me to slam the hood shut. No amount of pushing or tire kicking would get a response from the alarm. That just seems utterly useless as an alarm.

Archived