LegacyGT.com

Interesting oil light behavior during startup

• 2 weeks later...

The reason I didn't upgrade was simply a time issue. I have pretty good flexibility to work from home but I take my son to daycare near my work and I really can't work from home while he is there, or rather I can, but I'm not supposed to and I am really against just popping him in front of the tv for 6+ hours. Any way, I didn't order the killer b initially because I was hoping I could get one I could put in over the weekend and save myself the labor. All that's in this thread somewhere, but once I found out on Monday I could get the work done then and they had a part I went for it.

Sorry, I don't recall where I saw that there was a new part number and the locations were instructed to replace the part with the new one. If I get nervy about it in the future I'll swap it out then.

• 4 weeks later...

There are no 'revised' pickups. Dealers will sometimes use a different version, but they all have a history of breaking. The three most popular part numbers (back to 2002) end in 050, 070 and 110. I can give some specifics about which ones break when, generally, but they all break. Basically failures have occured since these pickuos have been used on EJ engines going back to when they came out in 1993. The earliest I've personally seen was from a 1993 with 205K miles.

For those that don't have the time/budget to use our ultimate pickup and go with another OEM, we recommend changing them every 20K miles. The probability of failure below 20K is VERY low.

If anyone wants to see a whole lot more pics LOOK HERE.

Best thing to do, ifyou suspect something. Don't run the car unless you get a mechanical gauge to verify pressure. The OEM light comes on at 2.1psi, which is essentially nothing.

Archived