LegacyGT.com

Suspension help- what am I missing?

rfred02

Hi guys. This is my first post, and I wouldn't have even gotten this far without everyone's help and advise on this forum!

So here we go:

I'm getting new wheels, tires, and upgrading my suspension while I plan on doing my 60K mile service in the next month or so on my 2009 Legacy 2.5i (non-turbo). I know what I'm planning on getting, but I'm thinking I might be missing some "extra" parts that I might need for this setup to work. I'd like to list what I plan on getting/doing, and would like anyone to chime in if I am missing anything necessary.

1. Drag DR-19 wheels, 18"

2. Goodyear Eagle GT tires

3. Koni struts

4. Eibach springs

5. 3/8" or 1/2" spacer in the rear as I do haul people around every once in awhile and it's my DD, so things do get piled in the rear.

So that's it. Again, curious if I'm missing any missing links, bushings, or whatever that I should get or look at replacing while I do this. Any help would be appreciated! I know this set-up is somewhat popular, so any pics with similar components would help as well.

Thanks!

So both LCA bushings along with the installation. Should I do the rear as well and if I don't, will I notice any difference without any other sway bar in the rear? This seems like a lot of work to do at once, but if it will save me a couple hundred $$ in labor costs, I might as well knock it out while everything is apart. :rolleyes:

What about the steering rack bushings? Sorry for all the questions. Again, if it makes sense to replace certain bushings, etc. From the list above, will I need any rear camber adjustments? :confused:

Thanks!

Just do the LCA bushings, the GT's are known to have ones the tare pretty easy. I have AVO and Whitelines on my 05.

I just had the steering rack replaced and didn't even think about the bushings for it. IMO you don't need to worry about them. It's not a race car.

IMO you should have the car aligned after suspension work.

There is a group buy for EPIC springs, made by Eibach. check that forum, I'm not sure you can use them thou, ask m sprank.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived