LegacyGT.com

Project Car Storage

So a friend of mine is buying a project car and wants me to help him out. The issue of a storage/work area came up and neither of us have garages at the moment. Besides a storage facility, is there any other place that we could store the car and work on it? Just looking for ideas here. Thanks!

depending on where you live and the size of your town there mat be garages for rent and / or warehouse space for rent.

i rent a garage in town since i don't have one at my house. it is big enough to store a car, but not big enough to store and work on it. so i just store all my sruff, and park the car next to the garage.

check the real estate section of craigslist. and your local paper in the for rent section. usually if the garage is rented out by the owner living in the house they do not want a bunch of car parts and work going on. but id the garage owner is also renting out the house, they don't care as much.

ps: my town has an ordinance about ''unlicensed'' and ''uninspected'' cars even if they are are on private property. the cops don't get involved but the ''housing'' police will send the home owner a letter with a 10 day warning. they don't want a bunch of junk cars sitting around. I THINK, if you use a car cover you are ok. no one can tell if the car is licensed with out trespassing.

knock out a wall in the living room, install a garage door and go to work!

I live in a second floor apartment, but an four-ton forklift can't be that much to rent every now and then, right? :lol:

depending on where you live and the size of your town there mat be garages for rent and / or warehouse space for rent.

i rent a garage in town since i don't have one at my house. it is big enough to store a car, but not big enough to store and work on it. so i just store all my sruff, and park the car next to the garage.

check the real estate section of craigslist. and your local paper in the for rent section. usually if the garage is rented out by the owner living in the house they do not want a bunch of car parts and work going on. but id the garage owner is also renting out the house, they don't care as much.

ps: my town has an ordinance about ''unlicensed'' and ''uninspected'' cars even if they are are on private property. the cops don't get involved but the ''housing'' police will send the home owner a letter with a 10 day warning. they don't want a bunch of junk cars sitting around. I THINK, if you use a car cover you are ok. no one can tell if the car is licensed with out trespassing.

Thanks for the info. $60 a month is apparently too expensive for a garage unit at my place, so idk what to tell him. Warehouse space is $375/mo at the cheapest and most places aren't open 24 hours or don't allow work to be done there.

Archived