LegacyGT.com

Need advice!!! Clutch slipping bad....

subielova88

My clutch started slipping really bad pretty much in every gear , so I gotta get a new one. The thing is I'm converting to single mass flywheel, it's just i don't know if i should go with the steel one or the aluminum one..... Any advices on that? I was thinking to go with clutch masters fx400 6 puck since i have it on my dsm and love it along with the fidanza aluminum flywheel. Any good advices would be appreciated, thanks guys..

Most guy's go with the OEM single mass FW from a 07-09 Legacy GT or the 06-07 WRX.

Get a clutch from either m sprank or Mike at AZPinstalls.com these guy's know what works with these cars.

I have a Spec LWFW with the steel insert and a Spec 2 clutch in my 05. It's much easier to drive then the Spec 2+ I had in there for 85,000+ miles.

The issue with a LWFW is drivetrain noise on decel without pushing in the clutch and coasting in neutral, I have learned to do that on the back roads on my DD.

There are threads here about the different clutches and review thread up top.

Just make sure you buy from one of the two people I mentioned.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

mailto:Paisan@AZPInstalls.com

That is Mikes email. You should be albe to get him from his post on this forum too. He has a real job, but normally get's back to me rather quickly when I bother him. :)

The TSK3 is a reinforcing kit for the snout on the tranny. It's something you want to make sure you have.

Also put a little high temp grease in the snout where the TOB slides.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived