LegacyGT.com

Suspension help! :(

More info would be helpful.

Where is the creaking coming from? Front, rear, top, bottom, left, right, during turns, while stopping, while accelerating? Anything else changed, loosened, replaced during the install?

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

In most cases on new suspensions, the creaking is coming from the spring perches as the spring rubs against it while going over rough roads or bumps (even turning). Some of the vendors sell rubberized sleeves that fit over the ends of the springs to prevent this.

One way to check this is pull off one of the shocks that is making the sound. Pop the spring off and inspect the spring perch, if there are rub marks then this was the issue. If not, it could be swaybar bushings or LCA bushings.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Some of the vendors sell rubberized sleeves that fit over the ends of the springs to prevent this.

Any link to these sleeves. Been looking for a few sets for some installs I'm doing.

I replaced the strut, springs and strut mount nothing else, because I didn't see any damage on the rubbers so I just reused the stock ones. And the creaking is coming from the front on both sides. It creaks when I'm driving in low speeds like when I'm parking or leaving my parking spot.

So it's creaking and not clunking. Creaking could just be that the sway bar bushings need grease. Could also be Lower Control Arm Bushings that are at/beyond service life and need replaced, or even endlinks that are bad.

Any link to these sleeves. Been looking for a few sets for some installs I'm doing.

Couldn't remember which one sells them, but here's a few links.

Tein - http://www.tein.com/products/silencer_rubber.html

Eibach - http://pitstopusa.com/c-421031-springs-coil-spring-accessories-coil-spring-sleeves.html

have you used kyb struts before? i need to replace my rear struts and was looking at the kyb gr-2. what else would i need to replace when doing the struts? the spring still looks fine so i was just going to do the strut, strut mount, bellows, and i was gonna go ahead and do the cv axles while i was at it.

^^ That's exactly what needs to be replace for a proper strut/shock replacement. Strut, mounts and bellows. Most people don't realize that the mounts get worn out too and may cause a clunking sound once the rubbers wears out.

Archived