LegacyGT.com

97 subaru legacy gt

OK guys I am looking at trading my car I have right now for a 97 subaru legacy gt. It has the 2.5 in it with 167,000 miles on it now I have been reading on here about the head gasket do they go out alot on those motors and is there anything else that i should look for that is a big issue on the cars. If u guys could help me out on deciding to get the car or now would be great.

OK guys I am looking at trading my car I have right now for a 97 subaru legacy gt. It has the 2.5 in it with 167,000 miles on it now I have been reading on here about the head gasket do they go out alot on those motors and is there anything else that i should look for that is a big issue on the cars. If u guys could help me out on deciding to get the car or now would be great.

If the car was driven on blown head gaskets for a while, do not buy it.

Even though you may replace the gaskets, the bearings will be compromised & it will grenade shortly after.

Inquire when, if at all, it ever had it's head gaskets replaced.

If so, ask how many miles ago.

Also, ask about the transmission & if the car has been kept in good shape in general, then if you're still interested in it, then go see it for yourself.

Archived