LegacyGT.com

Life after 05 LGT wagon - 13 VW Golf R

Yes. Stage 1 on 100 octane puts down 300wtq, which is over 75wtq increase.

What does trq tell you in terms of how fast a car will run the 1/4mile in? Also how does 100 octane stage 1 tune work when you are DDing the car and using 91-93? Is this a piggyback system where you can switch from the 100 octane tune back to 93?

As I said lets stop going off of what some company tells you you hp/trq ill increase and look at real world owners/drivers and their results. Dynos are a tuning tool nothing more, the number that really matter are the ones set at the track.

What does trq tell you in terms of how fast a car will run the 1/4mile in? Also how does 100 octane stage 1 tune work when you are DDing the car and using 91-93? Is this a piggyback system where you can switch from the 100 octane tune back to 93?

As I said lets stop going off of what some company tells you you hp/trq ill increase and look at real world owners/drivers and their results. Dynos are a tuning tool nothing more, the number that really matter are the ones set at the track.

Yes, torque is what dictates your time in a 1/4 mile. HP is a good predictor of your trap speed.

The dyno number clearly tells me that the particular car that was tested, increased its output by 75wtq on that dyno, on that tune, at that time. What else do you need? You have a baseline and the tuned power output. Not good enough? No company politics and hear-say here, just concrete numbers :confused:

There are MK6 GTIs with stage 2 (100 oct) running 275wtq that are doing low 13s quarter mile runs with traps being around 108mph. AWD version with more torque will make them kiss 12 seconds. That is what I said. Not much to argue about here.

No piggy back to switch maps - just a few clicks of your cruise control stick to select various maps: valet, stage 0, 1 or 2.

You can argue your point until you are blue in the face. It won't change the fact that the R is capable running 12s in a quarter with just a chip upgrade.

Not until you show me someone running 12s with just a stage 1 tune is is concrete evidence, until then you are making assumptions based off of power. as I said from what I gather mid 13s is more the norm for stage 1 R but that was probably a 93 octane tune.

And I would still like to know how trq is a direct link to 1/4 mile time. A c5 z06 makes 400trq and weighs 3200lbs a 2007 911 gt3 makes 285trq and weighs 3200lbs yet they both run pretty close to the same 1/4mile times, very high 11s to low 12s.

Archived