LegacyGT.com

You input on Learning View Please...

zvilly

Just wondering what you guys thought of this LV I took recently. I had 0's across the board before. This is the first time I see such a high negative value - and I recently did flash another revision of an e-tune.

Should I be concerned or could this be an anomaly?

Mods: Turboback exhaust, catless uppipe and panel filter.

Thanks in advance for your help.

LV_after.JPG.28c738093ac1ea2b51ac3e5118559634.JPG

Have you spoke with your tuner and expressed your concerns?

Dave

this. ask tuner first.

but without getting involved too much, maybe when you did a pull, you started your pull before 2k rpm and caused the learned knock? don't do 3rd or higher gear pulls starting below 2k.

I did mention this to the tuner when I sent the revision back, just haven't received a response yet.

iNVAR, I started the pull in 3rd at about 2200 rpm. I don't think I ever started a pull below 2K.

I'll wait for a response from the tuner, just decided to hear you thoughts.

I attached the last datalog I did, in case it provided more insight.

Thanks!

romraiderlog_Zadorojnyi_Rev4.csv

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure it's not real knock. It could just be something rattling at low RPM.

Have your tuner double-check your total timing in that rev/load range before you do anything, just in case. Maybe he fat-fingered the wrong number into a cell. But I think that's unlikely. I'm not even sure it's even possible to trigger detonation at such a low load. (With our motor's low compression ratio, anyway.)

Or your tune might have FLKC enabled at lower loads than it really should - the stock tunes mostly only have it enabled at loads higher than about 0.75 g/rev because there is a lot of false knock at low loads. If so, there's a good chance it will go away after a few minutes of cruising in the 2300-2600 range at a constant throttle.

Or if I'm wrong about the FLKC range being off, it'll probably still go away if you spend a few minutes in the 2300-2600 range but you'll need to be up in the 0.75-1.0 load range for the ECU to unlearn it. You'll need a hill to keep you from climbing above 2600 pretty quickly at that load. Or do a lot of mild pulls from 2300 to 2600.

Have a passenger watch the logger's dashboard tab with load visible, to help you stay in the right range.

Archived