LegacyGT.com

buying a 2010 2.5 GT tuesday.

Erickslgt

Sorry for leaving you hanging my friends, yes I bought it , yes the lgt was bought from Carl black Chevrolet... $22990 for the car , traded in my 2004 Chevy impala ss with 54000 miles .. they gave me $8000 on trade in and got an interest rate of 1.69% with bank of America 54 months . I had them put the car up on a rack check the wheel bearings for play leaks axle boots even what kind of oil filter was on it . The car fax was good a one owner doctor traded the car in for a Chevy volt ............ it helps that I'm a home owner with a 775 credit score.... o and I'm 26.. :-) .........as far as the wrx went , I was driving home from work on may 5 on a toll road that was pitch black , went threw a toll booth doing 65 looked at the sign to see how far my exit was and when I looked back down I plowed into a rental dodge caravan that was stopped 300 or so feet outside the toll booth in the lane with no lights on .. I never got a chance to hit the brakes ... they were Brazilian tourists that just left the airport and stoped because they were lost.... after I came too , I looked in the rear view mirror and saw that there were cars coming so I kicked my door open got out and passed out on the shoulder in the grass...next thing I know I get up and a tow truck is facing on coming traffic to make sure no one else suffers my fate.. when I go to look towards the van it was gone! ......... I got a careless driving ticket the Brazilians were cited for leaving the scene of an accident ... my ticket got dismissed in court with no points and now Im with Subaru once more ... lol

O and the same day I brought it home I serviced the diff. With mobile 1 75w-90, changed my oil with mobile 1 5w-30 and a Mazda rx8 filter I had lieing around that was ment for the wrx... still I need to service the tranny ...ima put it off till next week ....... I went to the dealer to see if I could buy some extra S for the tranny but they only sell it in a 5gal. Bucket .. the mechanic told me any gear oil with gl5 would be fine so I'm gonna stick with mobile 1 for that as well

Bad accident? WRX? Are you 17 and did you have multiple passengers in your car at the time of the accident? Just checking...

I'm not some punk ricer kid running around in a civic... I've played my dues and worked hard for what I have ... I've owned a 2007 Cadillac ctsv , 2008 Acura TL type S to name a few of the 9 cars I've had ... one shouldnt assume things

That was quite a story.. And yes I agree Orlando is plagued by such tourists, defensive driving whenever I'm down there. Dunno if I should let you know but maybe about a month ago, that car was first internet posted at $20.9K. Then maybe 2 weeks passed & went to 21.9K, then time again at your acquisition cost. Glad the car is in good condition though. Did you check for the shimmie with your test drive?

• I Donated Too
O and the same day I brought it home I serviced the diff. With mobile 1 75w-90, changed my oil with mobile 1 5w-30 and a Mazda rx8 filter I had lieing around that was ment for the wrx... still I need to service the tranny ...ima put it off till next week ....... I went to the dealer to see if I could buy some extra S for the tranny but they only sell it in a 5gal. Bucket .. the mechanic told me any gear oil with gl5 would be fine so I'm gonna stick with mobile 1 for that as well

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! NOT Mobil1 !!

I'm not some punk ricer kid running around in a civic... I've played my dues and worked hard for what I have ... I've owned a 2007 Cadillac ctsv , 2008 Acura TL type S to name a few of the 9 cars I've had ... one shouldnt assume things

He was referring to a recent accident in NY where 4 kids died in a Wrx/Sti. It was a joke in bad taste. Don't take it personal.

it helps that I'm a home owner with a 775 credit score.... o and I'm 26.. :-) .........

I've played my dues and worked hard for what I have ... I've owned a 2007 Cadillac ctsv , 2008 Acura TL type S to name a few of the 9 cars I've had ...

Gloating about success is so classy.

Shimmie? I wish I knew it was price like that lol ...to late now lol it's cool though at 22.9 it was still under kbb and I got them to give me $1000 over kbb for my impala

There's another one at mastro ... like the impala it was black with tan interior. Not my cup of tea...

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! NOT Mobil1 !!

He was referring to a recent accident in NY where 4 kids died in a Wrx/Sti. It was a joke in bad taste. Don't take it personal.

What's wrong with mobile1 I've had it in my other cars... granted I'm driving an opposed 4... what oil should I go to? I'm a stickler on maintenance ... you opinions are considered ..

What's wrong with mobile1 I've had it in my other cars... granted I'm driving an opposed 4... what oil should I go to? I'm a stickler on maintenance ... you opinions are considered ..

Subies tend to burn up Mobil 1, most people recommend Shell Rotella T6 instead.

/end oil debate

Subies tend to burn up Mobil 1, most people recommend Shell Rotella T6 instead.

/end oil debate

Gotcha Los Angeles Hu? Born and raised in Torrance CA. I miss home.. don't miss the gas prices though lol

On an other note the lgt interior is amazing compared to them wrx.. and the electronic ebrake is amazing

I can't wait to get away from LA. Been here all my life except for 4yrs in Davis (NorCal) for college, and have grown to loathe it. Cost of living, cost of gas, traffic, shitty drivers, angry self-absorbed assholes galore, I'm over it. LOOOOONG over it. The idea of ever being able to afford owning a home here is an absolute joke unless you are quite wealthy. Would love to move to Oregon, Washington, Colorado, or Arizona, soon hopefully, but there's that whole needing a job before I move there thing, ugh...

Shimmie? I wish I knew it was price like that lol ...to late now lol it's cool though at 22.9 it was still under kbb and I got them to give me $1000 over kbb for my impala

There's another one at mastro ... like the impala it was black with tan interior. Not my cup of tea...

Well at least the impala compensated for it somewhat. Thanks for the mastro one, just watching from the sides.

I highly recommend patrolling the 5G section for research before modding. You should be able to cover almost, if not, everything moddable about this car. Also use the search function prn. Oh btw, check out one of the the shimmie threads below. There's a reason why it's 90+ pages long:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/updated-shimmy-issues-136791.html

Well at least the impala compensated for it somewhat. Thanks for the mastro one, just watching from the sides.

I highly recommend patrolling the 5G section for research before modding. You should be able to cover almost, if not, everything moddable about this car. Also use the search function prn. Oh btw, check out one of the the shimmie threads below. There's a reason why it's 90+ pages long:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/updated-shimmy-issues-136791.html

for sure thanks , just found some time at work to log on real quick....... real quick note hid kits ??? i was thinking philips?? for $250 they better be good???

Archived