LegacyGT.com

Subaru accident in Long Island - car split in half

bigdadi

k car FTW! :)

Hell yeah. My Mom rocked an inherited '83 shit brown Reliant K for a while. It sported advanced options like AM radio, 3-speed column shifter, whitewalls, and a tan vinyl bench seat. I beat on that thing like crazy. It held up surprisingly. I despised being seen in it. But I became learn-ed.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This kind of thing happened almost 6 years ago at my high school. Also tri state area.

Except, all that was at fault was young, inexperienced, poor decisions. A teenager driving a Cadillac CTS racing down a street with another student after school let out. Started fish tailing at a curve and impacted a school minivan causing the car to explode due to impact on the gas tank. <- known problem.

4 lives were lost that day, all teenagers, driver was not supposed to be driving more than 1 passenger, and the life of an innocent school van driver was taken.

I am 22 now. I drove a n/a legacy through college, and even now, I drive a 4 cylinder camry because I know I'm still too young to control a high power sports car.

I think in the end, parenting plays a huge role in these kinds of accidents. Give your kid an ego, and he takes it and runs. My parents told me to work for everything, even wouldn't let me buy a sports car with my own money! But to this day, I still look back and I'm happy. I can have a fast car when I am mature enough for one.

Archived