LegacyGT.com

2008 steering wheel on a 2007 LGT

MasAyinde

So I'd like to add steering wheel controls to my 2007 LGT. As it is, it's MUCH easier to find steering wheels that have the audio controls and cruise controls. I've been doing some research and found this picture of the cruise control connector on 2007 models:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5206/5345506140_bb2c969fa9_b.jpg

I want to know if the 08+ steering wheels or the STi steering wheels have the same connector for cruise control (is it swappable?) I know that there is a longer process when using 05 and 06 models, but given that the stereo in my 2007 is the same as the one in 2008 and 2009 models (P204UH) I feel like the installation of a 2008 steering wheel would be much easier. Has anyone ever done this mod or have any pictures of the connectors on the 2008 steering wheel?

so, i just did this (took way too long for me)

I have a 05 5EAT, so I just swapped the shift buttons for the radio controls (love it)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/install-steering-wheel-radio-controls-26232.html?t=26232

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

I know the shift button route, but I'd like to have cruise buttons on the steering wheel also, which is why I'd like the 08 wheel. If it ends up being impossible, I'll gladly snag an automatic steering wheel and swap the controls but I'd like to use that as a last resort.

Judging by the 2008 and 2005 wiring diagrams, it looks like the cruise control connectors might be the same. And hopefully the audio control connector will be the same since the 07 Spec B uses the same stereo and probably the same wiring harness.

Archived