LegacyGT.com

Brake lines of OBXT

chucktoo

Has anyone found longer brake lines for an OBXT ?

Even though mine is lowered it is not clear the LGT lines are long enogh ?

We are getting ready to install StopTech's front and rear with the 6 mt drive train and this seemed like a good time to do brake lines.

If not OBXT lines what are your favorite LGT lines ?

Front Goodrich or Cobb SS lines fit the front no problem.

Rear SS brake lines (that fit bout of the box) do not exist for the Outback. There are two problems.

1. Too short

2. The Outback has a strange short coupling from the rigid pipe which causes the SS lines to leak.

If you talk to the guys at P&L Motorsports they fabricated custom rear rigid lines for me so the stock Cobb SS lines would fit.

Thanks for the leads.

It is a JDM non-DCCD 6 mt with R-180 rear - we could not figureout how to make DCCD work right without a speedo signal . We have the speedo signal on the CAN bus from the ABS.

2004 WRX pads fit the front calipers, so do the 2004 WRX rotors. Cobb SS lines fit the front. I have carbotech bobcats on the front along with carbotech slotted rotors - works very well. Still no progress on the rears. Definitely not WRX calipers/rotors on the back.

FYI - the Cobb SS lines have issues on the rear of the LGT. The fitting is too large for the hardened mount....we called Goodridge to verify size (they build these to Cobb's specs) and they confirmed the issue. I am hugely dissappointed as these were a premium over std. Goodridge lines....in my mind, they should be perfect given Cobb's focus on Subaru. Also, they didn't include new clips like Goodridge normally sends with lines. According to Cobb, you are supposed to re-use the stock ones. :rolleyes:

The solution was simple enough, though time-consuming. The holes in the hardened steel needs to be opened up. Once this is done, the lines are secure but I expected more of Cobb products.

The difference with the Cobb SS lines is that they have a clear PVC jacket over the stainless mesh and each set are pressure tested. Mastro sells a similar private label Goodrich product.

Archived