LegacyGT.com

New to Legacy, mystery cable from console

So I just joined the Legacy family this past weekend with a 2006 LGT. I've been learning the ins and outs of the car and one of the common things I found was that there was no "official" way to connect sirius/xm/ipod/aux/etc to the head unit.

That said, I definitely have a sirius receiver on top of the car, wired through to god-knows-where. I also have (what appears to be) a 2.5mm audio cable coming up from the console (south of shifter, north of cup holder). Going to find a 2.5->3.5mm adapter and hope for the best.

But does anyone have any idea how I could best find out what this thing is? Take apart the console and see where it runs? Plug it in and give it a go?

Thanks everyone :)

Is there a sat button on the radio over by the FM/AM/CD button ?

My 09 Spec has a Sat selection on that button. I bought the sat kit for the radio, I had to remove the Ipod kit to install it. You may have a Ipod cable.

The receiver for the sat signal is connected up above the mirror by the map lights.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Well, digging around a bit, it looks like that may be the cable for the Sirius after all since I have no satnav option. Looks like I'll be digging around a bit when I get my aux-in mod from Jazzy one of these days to figure out exactly where it's running.

Sounds like the Aftermarket Sirius setup with the FM Transmitter. Pretty much what you do is buy the Sat subscription as well as any receiver and then it will plug into the side rear or bottom of the receiver depending on model. You set the receiver to the FM modulation like 87.7 and then once you turn you radio on with the receiver on the 87.7 station you can listen to sat. I have tried to get this to work with other phones and ipods and such but it needs the sat receiver to give the output signal to the box that is connected to you Antenna connector.

Hi,

When I bought my car last year, the previous owner had a similar Sirius setup in the car.

After a long time, yesterday i removed the dock, he didn't give me the module but just the dock. check out this center console the dock is setup next to climate control. I liked the setup but had to remove because its uncomfortable to passengers.

This is the dock kit.

Based on the dock spec, i had three wires in my car.

1) Power - This was tapped into big radio harness.

2) Antenna - Signal wire goes to the top of the car linked to a magnetic receiver.

3) FM Adapter (OP this is the 2.5mm adapter you see in the center console) - i have this setup on my car, this acts as a input switch, when the Sirius is turned on it outputs a 5v signal through the 2.5mm adapter, this turns off the vehicle fm signal for any interference and viseversa.

Now... I did some research this morning and you need fm modulator to make it work. because sirius had an inbuilt fm modulator, it can produce fm signal.

Something like this... [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-FM-MOD02-Universal-Modulator-Satellite/dp/B001QBG614/ref=pd_cp_e_0]Amazon.com: Scosche FM-MOD02 Universal Audio Input FM Modulator for iPod, Satellite Radio or Portable Music Player: MP3 Players & Accessories[/ame]

Thanks

HAri

Archived