LegacyGT.com

My '97 GT Thread

What about that white smoke incident?

Did the car start overheating?

You can look in between the head & block to check if the gaskets had been done or not.

The gasket will be made of steel instead of that carbon/paper nonsense & it will look like steel or it will be blue (Fel-Pro).

What about that white smoke incident?

Did the car start overheating?

You can look in between the head & block to check if the gaskets had been done or not.

The gasket will be made of steel instead of that carbon/paper nonsense & it will look like steel or it will be blue (Fel-Pro).

I haven't noticed the white smoke, but I haven't started it in the cold anymore either (it's been warm). I hadn't honestly thought about it again.

I'll check that tomorrow - I didn't know you could tell just by looking. That's a major help.

I replaced my head gaskets with the non mls gaskets from Subaru.I was worried about it when I received them because all I read kept saying use the mls ones, but most people still have the 2.5 block. I called Subaru and they told me I had in fact ordered the most recent gaskets for the 2.2. It matched up so I went with it. Funny thing is that the head gaskets were probably the reason the previous owner swapped blocks, and they used mls gaskets, but #3 blew on me. Since I replaced them my car has been running better than ever.

Generally you aren't allowed in the shop because of insurance reasons, but it can't hurt to ask to watch.

Archived