LegacyGT.com

Exhaust options?

Does any company out there make a 3 inch cat back for our cars? Mine is a 97 LGT wagon 5 speed. I am putting a turbo setup on it and need a 3 inch exhaust and I would rather try and find one meant for my car instead of chopping up a wrx cat back.. unless someone has a DIY with pictures for it. I searched and didn't have much of luck. Any info is greatly appreciated!

The exhaust velocity would be very low. You require some velocity for a scavenging effect.

I stand corrected. (True for NA cars though)

You're doing a turbo. You do want a large exhaust.

http://www.tercelreference.com/tercel_info/turbo_exhaust_theory/turbo_exhaust_theory.html

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Yeah unfortunately it looks like thats the way I will wind up going. Luckily a full stainless cat back for a wrx is $100 on ebay. For $200 I can get a full system with a down pipe. That write up is awesome! I see it says that a 2.5 is fine which is very true, but I want people to hear me coming so they look around saying "where the F is the wrx" then see me scooting by in a wagon

and I shall let them wonder, any real Subaru enthusiast will know what's up.. especially once it starts building boost. I don't really care what others think anyway, I build my car so that I like it which I hope everyone else does the same.

Archived