LegacyGT.com

5x114 ??

bigritz

:confused:

Ok so here is the deal I have found a to good to be true or pass up deal on some STi prodrive wheels and need to figure out how much the cost would be to go to 5x114? does anyone have any insight as to where to get 5x114 , are adapters efficient or do i lose perfomance there?

Thanks in advance for any and all help:cool:

• Moderators

I believe adapters run somewhere around $150. You'll push the wheels out pretty far by doing this and may run into clearance issues. How wide are the wheels, and how wide will your tires be?

Also plan on replacing your wheel bearings more often, doing this will stress them more than usual and may cause failure.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

You will have to do some fender work with an 18x8.5+38 (which will be the offset if you go with the adapters). Definitely a roll, possibly a pull depending on what kind of negative camber you decide to run. I ran an 18x8.5 +48 on my LGT and had to run about -1.5 camber up front and roll the rears (with just natural camber, not camber kit) to keep rubbing to a minimum, so add another 10mm outboard, and you'll definitely need some work done.

Long story short, it could cost you anywhere from $150 (just the adapters) up to $4-500 if you have to roll/pull the fenders, buy camber plates for the front and the rear camber kit for the rear on top of the adapters. And a hub swap will probably set you back quite a bit since you'll have to find the hubs and swap rotors, which I don't know if you'll find in LGT size with the new 5x114.3 pattern, along with all the other incidentals involved in a hub swap.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Archived