LegacyGT.com

Need Help with P0021

OK so i have an 05 Legacy GT automatic. So my car throws in the P0021 code and so I've change my driver side oil valve control and then i took out my banjo bolt and replaced it, but now my car is idling really rough when it's not moving or during a stop light and then it throws the CEL on again and the cruise control light flashes. And also when it's on park and your move it into drive or reverse, then engine dies.. what can it be wrong? need help ? thanks guys, i'm kind of new to subaru.. didn't know it gives me this much of a head ache..

Welcome to the forum.

That code and the P0011 are early signs of oil issues to the turbo. Mine when about 1000 miles after I got those codes.

I believe that code is for the pasenger side OCV.

Your idle issues are most likely the 4 O-rings at the Intake to TGV's. I replaced mine last May.

In most case the CEL will cause the CC to flash, that's normal.

All you need to know is no this forum, read and you'll find the answers to the questions your going to have over the next few day's.

There are DIY threads for most of the fix's.

Tell us where you live, may be one of us is close to you and can help.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Timing off a tooth...(?)

I could be wrong, but with a interferance fit engine, I don't think that is a good thing.

How many miles on the engine ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, the dealer told me that my car passes the compression test and vacuum leak test. but they don't know why it's miss firing on cylinder 1 and 3 and so they told me they need to replace the avcs sensors on both the left and right side.. I hope this solves the problem and not a soon to be blown turbo.

I believe some on here have had go luck just cleaning the oil control valves, with the P0011 and P0021 codes.

I would think the dealer could do a electrical test on the sensors and tell if they were bad, instead of just replacing them on your dime.

Good luck

Yes i already cleaned them but it's still pretty bad... but they called me and said they fixed it by replacing the avcs sensor were the camshafts are.. plus i had them change my timing belt and all that tension pulleys that needs to be change. cost me a fortune.. ($1500) hopefully my turbo won't go out on me.. i havent heard any metal noise coming from it.

Archived