LegacyGT.com

New Legacy Owner

Hey guys/girls, just thought I'd introduce myself and tell you that I'm a proud owner of a 2005 Legacy GT Ltd Sedan. I'm from Calgary, Canada, and have owned this car for about a week. I took a browse through these forums before I purchased the car, and it was a great help in re-affirming my decision. I love this car and can't wait to do a few mod's to it, most notably by adding in a new stereo so I can connect my iPod, as well as possibly going Stage 1...but I'm sorta worried about warranty issues with that route. In any event, I'm thrilled to own this car and thought I'd share my enthusiasm. Here's a pic of it:

IMG_0497_small.JPG.45ac17c116e27476bc5f017ff8ac1923.JPG

haha, ya, I'm not looking forward to the stereo install, but it HAS to be done. There will be a lot of complications, but I will get it done. I NEED to have my iPod connected. After having it connected to my stereo in my Integra, there's no going back to a plain 6 disc changer anymore. If there was one problem that really annoyed me with the Legacy, it'd be the fact that an aftermarket stereo install isn't that easy. However, it seems a lot of new cars are doing the same thing by integrating everything, so I can't fault Subaru for this. Bottom line is there's always workarounds for something, it just takes some determination and some $$$.

I picked it up for 42,119 after everything was said and done. I basically got $2500 off of the price of the vehicle. I think I could have moved him down another $500 though.

if you don't mind, care to share how much you bought the car for?

Nice. Grats on the car.

I'm picking up my ABP Wagon this week.. first color choice was white, but they had one in Quebec and I didn't feel like paying an extra $700 to have it shipped over.

All said and done, mine came to $43388 incl GST.

Hey Claw,

Don't knock the ABP until you've seen her *just* after a rainstorm, especially when the skies are overcast.

;)

You can pick up so many different shades of color, the pearlescent effect of the paint is quite nice at those times.

I've gotta admit, though, that for as much as I love Winky, I've got a fond spot for white vehicles, too.

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

haha, ya, I'm not looking forward to the stereo install, but it HAS to be done. I NEED to have my iPod connected. After having it connected to my stereo in my Integra, there's no going back to a plain 6 disc changer anymore. If there was one problem that really annoyed me with the Legacy, it'd be the fact that an aftermarket stereo install isn't that easy. However, it seems a lot of new cars are doing the same thing by integrating everything, so I can't fault Subaru for this. Bottom line is there's always workarounds for something, it just takes some determination and some $$$.

Amen.

I have 40+GB on my iPod photo, and now i hate having to navigate through CD track numbers, let alone being limited to that amount of content.

I have cassette adapters for both my current cars, but they suck almost as bad as FM, too. I am about ready to start installing line-ins on those cars. The ranger might have a CD changer input, and the Miata's separate tape deck can be sacrificed for a line in and a cubby.

BUT, I am also thinking forward to my upcoming Legacy, and trying to figure out what to do. So far I have come up with a JL Audio CleanSweep, a hard-wired power & line-level out iPod Dock-connector cord in the console, and either a JL Audio or Memphis Audio amp and driver set.

It would be so much easier if Subaru just told it's supplier to enable the SAT button on the input selector (currently blank), and have an 1/8th inch headphone jack, or RCA-style inputs, or anything to input any signal into the head unit's amplifiers. At least then one could use the factory volume knob, and even the elusive steering wheel controls to control the system's volume functions. It would be great to have full iPod integration, but I am not even holding my breath for that. Just a measley line-in! I might still use a CleanSweep and Amp to get better quality sound from the system, but at least then it wouldn't be an absolute first-day requirement.

That is the least they could do. They could do more by offering the McIntosh stereo upgrade also with an input, or offering a kit to allow installation of a double-din head unit or LCD screen, separated from the ACC circuitry, like RHD markets get from Japan.

Good luck to you, and let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the congratulations guys!

To start, I'll be putting a new head unit into the cubby hole. For me, this is the best option since you don't have to mess around with the factory unit at all, thereby avoiding the problem with the a/c and the factory stereo. It doesn't matter if I keep the 6 disc changer or not because I'll be mainly using my ipod, and the odd cd will be able to be popped into the new head unit. I'm thinking of a Pioneer flip screen lcd unit, but I also might go for a Clarion flip screen because the newer decks have iPod integration built into them. I already have a pioneer ipod connector, so I'll have to make a decision as to which manufacturer I want to go with...either way it'll be a decent unit.

Archived