LegacyGT.com

Turbo Scion FRS / Subaru BRZ 400 turbo world record 1/4 mile 11.3@ 127.4 mph

Turbo kit on stock motor pulled a 11.3 1/4 mile

This little thing's got potential

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBdFiFOWGms&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Accelerated Performance Scion FRS / Subaru BRZ 400 turbo kit world record 1/4 mile 11.3@ 127.4 mph - YouTube[/ame]

There is currently 8 companies that are developing turbos for the FA20 motor. For all those that were bitching about the car not having power have no excuse to not get the car. Accelerated Performance currently has the fastest in the world right now.

There is currently 8 companies that are developing turbos for the FA20 motor. For all those that were bitching about the car not having power have no excuse to not get the car. Accelerated Performance currently has the fastest in the world right now.

Right... except now you are buying a new car and instantly voiding the warranty. I think what those people meant is why does it not come with power fro mfactory :rolleyes:

The turbo ruins the purpose of the car, which most people do not get. It's supposed to be responsive, which a turbo dulls down even if a small turbo is used. Even that split second of lag determines if you are exiting the corner on the gas at the right time or not.

I personally am a fan of NA so the turbo power really doesn't matter to me. It's just good to see the aftermarket companies embracing the platform and pushing the limits.

The turbo ruins the purpose of the car, which most people do not get. It's supposed to be responsive, which a turbo dulls down even if a small turbo is used. Even that split second of lag determines if you are exiting the corner on the gas at the right time or not.

I personally am a fan of NA so the turbo power really doesn't matter to me. It's just good to see the aftermarket companies embracing the platform and pushing the limits.

I too think the car would be better N/A for its intended purpose but would like to see a slightly larger engine used. I am sure someone will slap a ls1 in there soon enough

If you're pulling out of the corners at 2500 rpm, you selected the wrong gear in the first place.

Nice free advertising for AP is working exactly like planned. One can always count on the internetz to spread these things around. Tranny might survive if the clutch is still OEM. Clutch will die with a quick but painful death, by being quickly shaved down to the bone.

Nevermind, clutch has been upgraded. Tranny it is.

Well yeah, that's kind of the point of a shop car. One could always count on whatever the current hot media was to spread these things around.

Also, it wasn't free. Or at least I don't think it was. If you happen to know where to get a free BRZ, R&D, fabrication and labor with full knowledge that you're going to pop something critical eventually, quit holding out on us.

Well yeah, that's kind of the point of a shop car. One could always count on whatever the current hot media was to spread these things around.

Also, it wasn't free. Or at least I don't think it was. If you happen to know where to get a free BRZ, R&D, fabrication and labor with full knowledge that you're going to pop something critical eventually, quit holding out on us.

Lol, there's are enough people on BRZ/FRS forums who let the shops/random 'tuners' pretty much experiment on their cars in exchange for some future discounts. It's crazy out there.

And I'm not saying this particular tuned car is 'free'. The ad itself is being spread for free.

Archived