LegacyGT.com

looking to get a new TMIC

ir2005

I have the stock top mount and looking to ditch it soon. A few of my friends have godspeed fmics for various cars.The quality seems to be pretty good. not sure if its reputable to avo, perrin or and other higher up names. But I came across this. please tell me what you think or if I should just save more and get a more "name brand" ic....

http://www.godspeedproject.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=1542

• Moderators

Buy a used avo for the same price instead of that, there's one for sale right now that comes with the necessary gasket.

Why are you trading out the stock TMIC? You can also bullet-proof it if you are looking to increase boost pressure, I sell the kits (see my signature).

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Godspeed is inexpensive, hence you get what you pay for

are you going stage 2+?

plan to keep the engine cover on?

just BP your stocker and save for more important things

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

I bought my car knowing how crappy the stock ic's are. I never took off the engine cover before I bought it. only to realize the ic has jb weld around the end tanks. assuming so the ends don't separate...

I'd rather have something that looks nicer also.

The engine cover is something that doesn't have to be on. I have plans to go bigger turbo also. I have an intake full cat less exhaust including up pipe. and a cobb ap.

Im looking to get a vf52 and getting what I can out of stock fueling for now.

• I Donated Too
The engine cover is something that doesn't have to be on.

then you're most likely not efficiently cooling your stock IC. It serves a purpose just like the plastic undertray that geniuses on here like to take off.

then you're most likely not efficiently cooling your stock IC. It serves a purpose just like the plastic undertray that geniuses on here like to take off.

I made something to direct the air at the ic better at work. It seems to be working okay.

• Moderators
Im sure all the stuff is made in china or at least the cores.

It's not just that it's made in china. The real issues is that there is zero quality control. With many of the cheaper products, everything piece that is produced gets shipped out for sale. If a vendor doesn't check it, it's you as the customer who ends up doing the for QC check.

Some people get lucky and get a perfectly built and functioning unit, others dont--it's just that simple.

Chinese knockoff + vendor who doesn't check quality = crapshoot.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

It's not just that it's made in china. The real issues is that there is zero quality control. With many of the cheaper products, everything piece that is produced gets shipped out for sale. If a vendor doesn't check it, it's you as the customer who ends up doing the for QC check.

Some people get lucky and get a perfectly built and functioning unit, others dont--it's just that simple.

Chinese knockoff + vendor who doesn't check quality = crapshoot.

I can understand all of that. I do a lot of purchasing for a Metal Fabrication company in WI. Our main company gets sh*t from china all the time. 7 out of 10 its good. The other 3 times we fix it in house. I know they just mass produce things and ship them out. If something needs to be fixed welding wise or whatever it maybe I can fix it at my work.

But I think I'll try to find an avo or perrin etc...

Also I have to add I like the response from members of this forum! I have never had input like this from any other place.

Archived